Contributor - Level 3

X32 mix minus?

Please forgive me but this is the very first time I've used a digital mixer.(x32 producer)

I understand how a mix minus works on a analog mixer. I do know I'll need another pair of TRS to 3.5 mm cables. 

my only concern is getting the mix minus to work through streamlabs obs. Help!

Cat LOL

Mm1138 Contributor - Level 3 2019-09-10

2019-09-10

X32 mix minus?

Please forgive me but this is the very first time I've used a digital mixer.(x32 producer)

I understand how a mix minus works on a analog mixer. I do know I'll need another pair of TRS to 3.5 mm cables. 

my only concern is getting the mix minus to work through streamlabs obs. Help!

Cat LOL

• 0 Kudos
  • 24 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: X32 mix minus?

I followed you're instructions and I got it to work.

I don that I do have a very low output signal but that's sort of expected when you run a recording from it on streamlabs obs.

I conducted an interview with a ufo disclosure activist, it sounded great as far as I can tell. I haven't experimented with a call but will be doing that shortly

You've been extremely helpful

Rising Star - Level 1

Hi @Mm1138 

The X32 is a very powerful mixer. If you tell what your set up is and what you want for output, we can give you a hand. Would you want to stream audio between computers via USB? 

Contributor - Level 3

@DaveMorrison wrote:

Hi @Mm1138 

The X32 is a very powerful mixer. If you tell what your set up is and what you want for output, we can give you a hand. Would you want to stream audio between computers via USB? 

Very powerful mixer!

I already have figured out how to get audio from my main computers USB to the mixer. 

The issue now is setting up a mix minus.. (second laptop) I need to be able to take phone calls.

Rising Star - Level 1

@Mm1138 

You can set a mixbus (or a stereo pair) to send an independent mix to (for example) AuxOut 1 (1&2). Or you could set a mixbus (or a pair) to be a subgroup of the elements of your minus mix. That minus mix can then be routed to the AuxOuts while it is also being sent to the Main bus (LR) for a full mix.  

Contributor - Level 3

I will have to give this a shot.

I forgot to mention I cant fully test this out since I don't have the proper cables. I have traditional split y cable (red gray) to 3.5 mm. I take it I have to use another pair of TRS to 3.55 mm  cables to get this to work properly as well.

Contributor - Level 3

I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

I did manage to bring music in from the second laptop. But how do I send a signal back to the pc? I did an experiment using Google Hangout and that worked but can't get my microphone to send the signal to the aux.

Rising Star - Level 1

@Mm1138Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.46.18 PM.pngIf you want to send direct signal from Mic1 to Aux1 then route like this picture. You will get the mic with no eq, dynamics, or level control (other than pre-amp gain). If you want to send mic 2 to Mixbus2 and then to AuxOut2, then follow the picture. You can send several Mics to one mixbus all with diferent levels and to choice to include EQ, and dynamics. Select mixbus2, then push the send-on-fader button. Now the channel faders are sending signal to mixbus2. Push the send-on-fader button again to return to the main LR mixbus.

If you have more questions, just give us a shout.

Contributor - Level 3

just to be absolutely sure on things here is a photograph for the back of the mixer. I just want to make sure these are the proper cables to use

Rising Star - Level 1

@Mm1138 

That looks like an equivalent to a Hosa CMP-159. You can also use a standard auxcord with RCA ends on channels 5 and 6.

Contributor - Level 3

@DaveMorrison wrote:

@Mm1138 

That looks like an equivalent to a Hosa CMP-159. You can also use a standard auxcord with RCA ends on channels 5 and 6.

That's absolutely correct my friend. 

Interesting okay... 

*Edit*

Upon further review i do have that cable. I'll give this a try.