Bozilla33 Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-09

2019-05-09

X32 routing with SD8

Hey guys! I’m new to this whole routing game so I’m having issues with my setup. I’m running X32Rack with an SD8 stage box. I’m trying to set it up where outputs 1-8 are the SD8 and 9-16 are local. I’ve got the cat5 connected tonAES50A on my rack and AES50A on my SD8. Switch is on 1-8 on the SD8. I just get mirrored output single between the rack and stage box. What am I doing wrong? 

• 0 Kudos
  • 11 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 routing with SD8

It’s def not a mix issue as the attached picture I sent shows SENDS ON FADER and 9 lit up red indicating I’m in monitor mix mode and adjusting mix Bus 9. I’m using Aux inputs 5/6 for audio off my iPad for testing purposes and the fader is at -10dB on aux inputs 5/6 in Mix bus 9.

Still no levels or audio output.  

See attached picture 

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 routing with SD8

@Bozilla33 wrote:

It’s def not a mix issue as the attached picture I sent shows SENDS ON FADER and 9 lit up red indicating I’m in monitor mix mode and adjusting mix Bus 9. I’m using Aux inputs 5/6 for audio off my iPad for testing purposes and the fader is at -10dB on aux inputs 5/6 in Mix bus 9.

Still no levels or audio output.  

See attached picture 

@Bozilla33 

If there is no signal getting to Bus 9 it can only be a mix issue. On the last scene you posted, the sends from Aux 5/6 to Bus 9 are set to Post Fader. This means that the Aux5/6 faders on the Main LR mix must be raised before the Sends-on-Fader for Bus 9 would pass any signal. It might be easier to set the Aux 5/6 sends to Bus 9 to Post EQ to match those to the other monitor buses.