Highlighted
Mud Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

XAir Monitor Mixer for iPhone

I wrote a monitor mixer for iPhone which is up on the App Store now. It covers the same ground as Behringer's AirQ for Android, but a little more simply: all channels + master on one screen, no MCAs.

Hope you find it useful. My band used it at our last gig and it worked so well I'm going to publish the Android version, too, so we can all use the same app.

If you have any questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc., reply here, email me at eric@tetzfiles.com, or post it on the Xair Monitor Mixer forums.
Mud Contributor - Level 2 09-12-2017

09-12-2017

XAir Monitor Mixer for iPhone

I wrote a monitor mixer for iPhone which is up on the App Store now. It covers the same ground as Behringer's AirQ for Android, but a little more simply: all channels + master on one screen, no MCAs.

Hope you find it useful. My band used it at our last gig and it worked so well I'm going to publish the Android version, too, so we can all use the same app.

If you have any questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc., reply here, email me at eric@tetzfiles.com, or post it on the Xair Monitor Mixer forums.

• 0 Kudos
  • 29 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: XAir Monitor Mixer for iPhone

This is exactly the app I've been waiting for.

One thing... The description in the app store says it's for the XR18. Will it work with the XR16?
Contributor - Level 2

It only supports the XR18, because that's the only mixer I have to test on.

If you're willing to test beta builds for me, I could add support for the XR16.

EDIT: It now supports the X18, XR18, XR16, XR12, MR18 and MR12.
Volunteer Moderator

That's a pretty cool (and simple) app, Eric. And thanks for your willingness to port it to the android platform.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Great work Eric! Purchased just to support your efforts.

A couple of minor things:

1. The IP address of the mixer doesn't seem to be saved. If you restart the app it goes back to 192.168.1.1.

2. If there's no scribble strip labels set the gear in the lower right-hand corner is partially off the screen. (See attached image) Maybe make the default text 4 spaces if there's nothing set?

Again, Great work!

Ken

BTW, The screen capture is from an iPad in case it matters. I'll try it on my phone as well just to make sure it's the same issue.
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Paul Vannatto;131391 wrote:
And thanks for your willingness to port it to the android platform.

It already runs on Android. I have a Android phone, while most of my bandmates use iPhones. I just need to publish on the Android store. I hadn't planned on doing that, because X Air already exists for Android users and it's a great app (MCA faders are very cool), but my bandmates had a harder time learning it, and if you're not using MCA faders, getting to all the channel faders + the master fader requires physically rotating the device and scrolling around. Pretty clunky when you're trying to make a quick adjustment during a set.

Ken Mitchell;131393 wrote:
Great work Eric! Purchased just to support your efforts.

Why thank you! My first mobile app. I just... needed it for my band. No clue why Behringer doesn't offer it. They've had X32-Q for iPhone for years. Seems like an easy thing to adapt. *shrug*

Ken Mitchell;131393 wrote:
1. The IP address of the mixer doesn't seem to be saved. If you restart the app it goes back to 192.168.1.1.

2. If there's no scribble strip labels set the gear in the lower right-hand corner is partially off the screen. (See attached image) Maybe make the default text 4 spaces if there's nothing set?

I added those as a feature request and bug report on forums I set up for the app. I'll fix them in the next release. Never occurred to me to test with no scribble strips. Do you actually use it like that, or are you just testing?

Very much appreciate the feedback.
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Hi Eric,

Do you actually use it like that, or are you just testing?

No, I don't normally run without labels. I was actually working on something else and just happened to load your app right after I had done a initialize on the mixer.

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Ken Mitchell;131407 wrote:
just happened to load your app right after I had done a initialize on the mixer.

Well, thanks for the accidental test. Smiley Happy
Contributor - Level 2

The app looks really great.
I don't understand the complexity of writing such an app.
But lesser folk like me have the smaller units.
An iPhone app for a XR16 or 12 would be unbelieveable useful.
On bended knees
David
Behringer XR16 & XR12, iPad Air2, 2008 Mac Book Pro, 2016 iMac21"
Contributor - Level 2

David Prescott;131425 wrote:
An iPhone app for a XR16 or 12 would be unbelieveable useful.

I'd be happy to provide one and I think it would be relatively easy. I just need someone to test for me on those devices, as I have neither. If you're game, email me at eric@tetzfiles.com and I'll make the changes I and give you access to the experimental builds via Test Flight. I imagine it might take a couple of iterations to get it working right.