Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

XR-18: How many rack spaces? How deep?

P W - please measure it and tell us the dimensions in mm and inches - PLEASE?
"Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine"
GlennAdams Contributor - Level 3 2015-02-20

2015-02-20

P W - please measure it and tell us the dimensions in mm and inches - PLEASE?

• 0 Kudos
  • 21 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

When you use the included rack ears with the XR-18, how many rack spaces are taken up? How deep a rack would you need?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR-18: How many rack spaces? How deep?

333 X 149 X 140mm or 13.1 X 5.9 X 5.5 inches
P.W. Fenton Hudson, Florida
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

3U and less than 6" deep. No connections on the back. Power and power switch on the side.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Im a little confused about the height. 140mm high is that correct? 1u = 44.45mm so 3u is 133.5mm, have you managed to put it in a 3u rack?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Mine measures just under 132mm
Contributor - Level 2

It's a 3U for sure, here is mine in a 6U Shallow gator case, with a 1U furman and still 2 spaces left.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/roz18ilvny2co5b/IMG_20150221_133434.jpg?dl=0
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, three rack spaces.

Phil Smith;40941 wrote:
Im a little confused about the height. 140mm high is that correct? 1u = 44.45mm so 3u is 133.5mm, have you managed to put it in a 3u rack?

Yes, it is three rack spaces. I had an old 3U gig bag I wasn't using and it fits. The power button is a bit awkward to get to while in the rack, though. I'm tempted to just use it without the rack bag.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

XR18 dimensions

I have installed the XR18 in a 6U rack with three other 1U devices. Worked fine.

I can measure the actual XR18 and provide the spec's tomorrow. I'll post a pic
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Phil Smith;40941 wrote:

Yes, it will fit in a three-space rack. Mine is one as I type this. Smiley Happy

My only issue is when it's in the rack it's a little tough to get to the power switch. Not a major issue, but a bit awkward considering most devices have a power switch that is readily accessible. Granted, if it weren't in the case it wouldn't be an issue.