FrankLevy Contributor - Level 2 2015-05-06

2015-05-06

XR12 USB playback (.WAV)

I've had my new XR12 for a few days now and I'm getting to grips with it nicely. It's the first Behringer equipment I've owned & what a brilliant piece of gear it is! Smiley Very Happy

However.... I can't figure out the USB audio interface. When I plug in a USB memory stick with a WAV file on it, the led on the XR12 flashes in response. When I try to get the "Cassette" Player to play by clicking on the play button, the USB led flashes also but it doesn't play and the "Cassette" Player reels move a bit but don't revolve like I think they are supposed to. I think the problem might be in the Setup Page on the Mixer Tab where it shows the USB Interface with radio buttons to select either 18/18 ch or 2/2 ch. As the device is an XR12, I figure I need to click on 2/2 ch to activate the USB port. The radio buttons are blank and do not respond at all when I click on them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I need to set to get the USB playback functioning?
I'm using X-AIR-EDIT_PC_1.0 and the XR12 arrived with XR16-XR12_Firmware_1.09 already installed when it arrived from Thomann on Tuesday, 5th May. Perhaps there's a new X-AIR-EDIT update coming out soon to activate this?

Michael Lapke, I'd be most grateful if you would kindly comment here with a few words of wisdom on this subject.

Many thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 42 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR12 USB playback (.WAV)

How are you listening to the XR12, Andy? Do you have stereo speakers driven from Main LR, are you listening to the mono Aux 1 output or do you have headphones connected to the Monitor jack?

Are you using some form of IEM or headphone amplifier? If so, what type of cable are you using to connect from the XR12?

The reason for asking is that some ways of monitoring can result in partial cancellation of the signal. Adding the mono feeds from channels 13-16 may then replace the parts that got cancelled.

What was the source of your background tracks? Are they just ripped from CDs or were they edited/processed in some way?
Contributor - Level 2

Rex Beckett;141589 wrote:
How are you listening to the XR12, Andy? Do you have stereo speakers driven from Main LR, are you listening to the mono Aux 1 output or do you have headphones connected to the Monitor jack?

Are you using some form of IEM or headphone amplifier? If so, what type of cable are you using to connect from the XR12?

The reason for asking is that some ways of monitoring can result in partial cancellation of the signal. Adding the mono feeds from channels 13-16 may then replace the parts that got cancelled.

What was the source of your background tracks? Are they just ripped from CDs or were they edited/processed in some way?

Hi Rex,

Thanks for the reply. I was using L and R speakers from the XLR outputs however i was behind them listening through the headphones and monitor feature. I will set it all back up this week and listen in front of the speakers. I will let you know if that works.

The music was downloaded and paid for through iTunes and then converted to Wav files as previously stated in this thread.

Thanks for the ideas.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Screenshot 2019-10-26 13.53.22.pngWhen I load X_AIr edit on my ipad, its shows my usb record, but when open on Mac or PC does not show USB?

Anybody help?