Contributor - Level 2

XR12 four monitor sends plus crossover for tops and subs

Hopefully I saved this correctly?

In this scene: bus 1 comes out aux 1, bus 2 comes out aux 2, bus 3 comes out headphone left, bus 4 comes out headphone right, the mono highpassed signal for your tops comes out main left, and the lowpassed signal for your subs comes out main right. I'll use a TRS to dual TS splitter cable (AKA "insert" cable) to get the headphone out into two channels on my NU4-6000 monitor amp.

I have the bass set up for channel 11 which has a tube stage inserted and it then goes through the pitch shifter then to the main right - I use two bass cabs for subs so want the full range bass signal in those instead of split between the tops and subs like everything else. Feel free to change that if using normal subs.

Please comment if you find anything wrong or if you can improve over what I did Smiley Happy .
RonKimball Contributor - Level 2 2016-03-04

2016-03-04

XR12 four monitor sends plus crossover for tops and subs

Hopefully I saved this correctly?

In this scene: bus 1 comes out aux 1, bus 2 comes out aux 2, bus 3 comes out headphone left, bus 4 comes out headphone right, the mono highpassed signal for your tops comes out main left, and the lowpassed signal for your subs comes out main right. I'll use a TRS to dual TS splitter cable (AKA "insert" cable) to get the headphone out into two channels on my NU4-6000 monitor amp.

I have the bass set up for channel 11 which has a tube stage inserted and it then goes through the pitch shifter then to the main right - I use two bass cabs for subs so want the full range bass signal in those instead of split between the tops and subs like everything else. Feel free to change that if using normal subs.

Please comment if you find anything wrong or if you can improve over what I did Smiley Happy .

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Cool routing workaround!

Hi Ron,
I know this is an old post but I just loaded up your scn file and wanted to compliment you on a smart way to get so many outputs from the XR12. How did this work out for you? I could find nothing wrong with they way you had it routed. I only own a XR18 and XR16 but I can see using this method to get Subs on Aux and Mains on Aux to be controled by only one fader (Main) instead of seperately. Of course this uses up two Aux busses as Subgroups but I usually only need 4 monitor mixes anyway.
Cheers!
Travis Smiley Happy
Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR12 four monitor sends plus crossover for tops and subs

Still working fine Smiley Happy .
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: XR12 four monitor sends plus crossover for tops and subs

Hey Ron,

Do you have any recordings of your band on the web?

From your scene file, it looks like your using some of the "extreme" tactics I use for my direct bass. The +20 db preamp setting into the tube stage, a noise gate at ~44.5 dB, the compressor set up as a limiter with a soft knee, and the pitch shifter. If anything, your outdoing me in "extremeness"

I can't really use +20dB for my Basses unless I lower the volume at the bass itself. Do you do that?

I assume the compressor and pitch shifter are just for certain songs, since the comp is off and the PS is set to do nothing in your scene.

I'd like to hear how this sounds with your setup, and, full disclosure, steal it for an alternative sound for myself possibly. Smiley Happy

-Ted