Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

XR18 as midi i/o - clock question

Hi,

If I'm using my XR18 as a midi interface, knowing this means i can't have midi control of mixer parameters, will the mixer receive a midi clock from my DAW and can I use that clock to sync effects?

I realise that the easiest way to answer my question is to try it but I'm away from the mixer and will be for a while but curious about this. I mainly use my XR18 to mix a keyboard rig with quite a few analogue synths. This has potential to to help synchronise effects with analogue sequencers, arpreggiators, drum machines etc... move over Giorgio Moroder.
DamienCassidy Contributor - Level 2 2018-10-25

2018-10-25

XR18 as midi i/o - clock question

Hi,

If I'm using my XR18 as a midi interface, knowing this means i can't have midi control of mixer parameters, will the mixer receive a midi clock from my DAW and can I use that clock to sync effects?

I realise that the easiest way to answer my question is to try it but I'm away from the mixer and will be for a while but curious about this. I mainly use my XR18 to mix a keyboard rig with quite a few analogue synths. This has potential to to help synchronise effects with analogue sequencers, arpreggiators, drum machines etc... move over Giorgio Moroder.

Volunteer Moderator

Re: XR18 as midi i/o - clock question

The builtin mixer fx does currently not make use of a global tempo / midi clock.

This has been requested so hopefully one day...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!