Contributor - Level 3

Xair 18 frequently stops sound in Windows 10

I have a problem with the sound cutting out when using my Xair 18 via USB with Windows 10. I will be playing any audio on the PC and it will suddenly drop the sound. If I disconnect and reconnect the USB, it comes back. But I can't get more than 30 minutes before it drops again. I am running the latest firmware and driver. The x18 tray app shows it still connected. Any  ideas?

xzb6np Contributor - Level 3 2019-02-19

2019-02-19

Xair 18 frequently stops sound in Windows 10

I have a problem with the sound cutting out when using my Xair 18 via USB with Windows 10. I will be playing any audio on the PC and it will suddenly drop the sound. If I disconnect and reconnect the USB, it comes back. But I can't get more than 30 minutes before it drops again. I am running the latest firmware and driver. The x18 tray app shows it still connected. Any  ideas?

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Xair 18 frequently stops sound in Windows 10

Turns out that I was already on a usb 2.0 hub with power saving turned off. I hooked it to a usb 3.0 and turned off the power saving and it's a goes a little longer before the sound cuts out. But even more perplexing as it seems to be the HULU PLAYER HAVING THE ISSUE. Netflix runs fine. So look like I have to talk to HULU.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 3

I fixed it finely. Changed from 512 to 1024 sample rate!

Volunteer Moderator

Hi David,

Are you connected to a USB 3 port on the computer? If so, try using a USB 2.0 port instead.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Also make sure that any Power Saving options are turned off for the USB ports.

Contributor - Level 3

It is hooked to it's own USB 3.0 card in the PC.
Contributor - Level 3

Your the man! I forgot to set that off when I installed a totally separate USB card for the XAir 18. I changed it. So far so good.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

It does perplex me as to why Windows would power down a root hub in active use though.
Contributor - Level 3

There's Windows for you.  Microsoft at it's best nanny behaviour. 

Contributor - Level 3

Turns out that I was already on a usb 2.0 hub with power saving turned off. I hooked it to a usb 3.0 and turned off the power saving and it's a goes a little longer before the sound cuts out. But even more perplexing as it seems to be the HULU PLAYER HAVING THE ISSUE. Netflix runs fine. So look like I have to talk to HULU.

Contributor - Level 3

I fixed it finely. Changed from 512 to 1024 sample rate!