Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Xenyx 1222 USB Always losing Audio IN ports

Hi all,
Each time I start Cubase the Audio IN ports in ASIO4ALL are disabled (Audio OUT ports are OK).
I have to go to Cubase Audio settings, select the generic ASIO driver, then reselect the ASIO4ALL v2, then my Audio IN Ports are enabled again.

At least, it's good to have this workaround, but it's a bit painful to do this each time I start a new Audio application.

When I use Guitar pro, there is no option to change the ASIO driver, therefore I have no Audio IN at all.

It's like the ASIO4ALL driver initialization is not going well and does not find the Audio IN ports.

Any idea what's causing this?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Erix.
:: Ciao, Erix
EricSamson Contributor - Level 2 02-01-2018

02-01-2018

Xenyx 1222 USB Always losing Audio IN ports

Hi all,
Each time I start Cubase the Audio IN ports in ASIO4ALL are disabled (Audio OUT ports are OK).
I have to go to Cubase Audio settings, select the generic ASIO driver, then reselect the ASIO4ALL v2, then my Audio IN Ports are enabled again.

At least, it's good to have this workaround, but it's a bit painful to do this each time I start a new Audio application.

When I use Guitar pro, there is no option to change the ASIO driver, therefore I have no Audio IN at all.

It's like the ASIO4ALL driver initialization is not going well and does not find the Audio IN ports.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Erix.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Xenyx 1222 USB Always losing Audio IN ports

Eric Samson;139709 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Erix.

Hi Eric,

I'd try disabling your other audio interfaces to see if that helps. Also, I'd completely de-install the 1222 and remove all drivers for it and then try starting over. It sounds like you have two drivers conflicting in some way.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Xenyx 1222 USB Always losing Audio IN ports

Thank you Ken.

All in all, I tend to agree with your conclusion: there must be a conflict between "drivers". Now, the big question is how to solve it.

I only have one physical audio interface on this PC (the Xenyx USB).
I could not install the specific Xenyx ASIO driver (installation is crashing) therefore I installed the generic ASIO4ALL.
When I installed Cubase, it also installed a generic ASIO "low latency" driver. I believe it is just an ASIO wrapper around the default Windows WDM driver. The latency is actually awful.

So in Cubase (and only in Cubase) I can see the 2 ASIO drivers.
I don't even know ho to uninstall this default generic ASIO driver from Cubase. And I'm afraid if I could do it, maybe I won't be able to use my workaround again.

Anyway, thanks for your help, really appreciated. I wanted to post a question on the ASIO4ALL forums, but they are down since several days (MySQL error).
:: Ciao, Erix