Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Xr 18 recording with Ableton DAW - huge latency

Hi guys,

I have a big problem recording via USB to my comp using Ableton DAW.

Aldo I have a strong, brand new laptop, i7 7th generation, 16GB DDR4, GTX Geforce with 8 GB DDR5 my overall Latency is 52 ms even when recording just one guitar with no plugins...

I can not reduce buffer size or anything because the x18 ASIO driver has locked all of my settings, and they can not be modified...

Should I switch to Pro tools, would that make a difference?

Can I do something to control drivers settings, change buffer size or sample rate?

Other ideas?

Help please!!

Recording is my reason no 1 for buying Xr 18, and recording an entire band would be a great problem if latency is 52 ms (input 22ms, output 30 ms) for just one dry guitar...

Thank you so much!
HariKočić Contributor - Level 1 2018-04-11

2018-04-11

Xr 18 recording with Ableton DAW - huge latency

Hi guys,

I have a big problem recording via USB to my comp using Ableton DAW.

Aldo I have a strong, brand new laptop, i7 7th generation, 16GB DDR4, GTX Geforce with 8 GB DDR5 my overall Latency is 52 ms even when recording just one guitar with no plugins...

I can not reduce buffer size or anything because the x18 ASIO driver has locked all of my settings, and they can not be modified...

Should I switch to Pro tools, would that make a difference?

Can I do something to control drivers settings, change buffer size or sample rate?

Other ideas?

Help please!!

Recording is my reason no 1 for buying Xr 18, and recording an entire band would be a great problem if latency is 52 ms (input 22ms, output 30 ms) for just one dry guitar...

Thank you so much!

Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Xr 18 recording with Ableton DAW - huge latency

Hari Kočić;143887 wrote:

Other ideas?

Help please!!

You should have an XR/MR18 control panel icon on your toolbar (win10) for adjusting settings...use the little up arrow (show hidden icons) to see it.