Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Xr 18 recording with Ableton DAW - huge latency

Hi guys,

I have a big problem recording via USB to my comp using Ableton DAW.

Aldo I have a strong, brand new laptop, i7 7th generation, 16GB DDR4, GTX Geforce with 8 GB DDR5 my overall Latency is 52 ms even when recording just one guitar with no plugins...

I can not reduce buffer size or anything because the x18 ASIO driver has locked all of my settings, and they can not be modified...

Should I switch to Pro tools, would that make a difference?

Can I do something to control drivers settings, change buffer size or sample rate?

Other ideas?

Help please!!

Recording is my reason no 1 for buying Xr 18, and recording an entire band would be a great problem if latency is 52 ms (input 22ms, output 30 ms) for just one dry guitar...

Thank you so much!
HariKočić Contributor - Level 1 2018-04-11

2018-04-11

Xr 18 recording with Ableton DAW - huge latency

Hi guys,

I have a big problem recording via USB to my comp using Ableton DAW.

Aldo I have a strong, brand new laptop, i7 7th generation, 16GB DDR4, GTX Geforce with 8 GB DDR5 my overall Latency is 52 ms even when recording just one guitar with no plugins...

I can not reduce buffer size or anything because the x18 ASIO driver has locked all of my settings, and they can not be modified...

Should I switch to Pro tools, would that make a difference?

Can I do something to control drivers settings, change buffer size or sample rate?

Other ideas?

Help please!!

Recording is my reason no 1 for buying Xr 18, and recording an entire band would be a great problem if latency is 52 ms (input 22ms, output 30 ms) for just one dry guitar...

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

Re: Xr 18 recording with Ableton DAW - huge latency

Hari Kočić;143887 wrote:

Other ideas?

Help please!!

You should have an XR/MR18 control panel icon on your toolbar (win10) for adjusting settings...use the little up arrow (show hidden icons) to see it.
Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.