Contributor - Level 2

Xtouch Led lights stay on

Hello, i read the posts about this but didn't see any fixes.  I just got the xtouch and assigned the function keys.  noticed the control button is always on and some of the function keys.  I downloaded the latest firmware 115.

When i trigger the assigned function keys they work sporadically.  i sent music tribe a trouble ticket but never heard back.

fabeandles Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-07

2019-09-07

Xtouch Led lights stay on

Hello, i read the posts about this but didn't see any fixes.  I just got the xtouch and assigned the function keys.  noticed the control button is always on and some of the function keys.  I downloaded the latest firmware 115.

When i trigger the assigned function keys they work sporadically.  i sent music tribe a trouble ticket but never heard back.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Xtouch Led lights stay on

Hi Fabian ( @fabeandles ), 

Welcome to the community.  What DAW are you using?  Much of the functionality of the X-Touch depends on the MCU implementation in each DAW. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Hey thank you! So Im using Logic X

Super Contributor - Level 2

It is kind of easy to get Logic "confused" when attempting to customize the buttons on the X-Touch. Anything in particular are trying to make the X-Touch do with Logic?

There are some lengthy discussions here...

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Mixing/Using-User-Modes-for-X-Touch-customization-Logic-Pro-X/td...

and here...

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Mixing/Tip-for-using-X-Touch-FUNCTION-buttons-with-Logic-Pro-X/t...

It is very much the case that you need to read and understand how Logic works with the Mackie Control (see the Control Surfaces Support manual). You should also get comfortable deleting Logic's control surfaces preferences file - ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

When I would get LEDs "stuck" I would have to quit Logic, delete the preference file, power cycle the X-Touch, and start Logic again.

Logic Pro X 10.4.6, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you! so got the deleting of files did get lights off.  Maybe you can answer this as well, the modify keys.  I cant get those to work.  I push the shift modify key and click on two tracks, doesn't highlight both.....

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Pressing SHIFT and SELECT resets a channel to 0 dB (unity).

https://help.apple.com/controlsurfacessupport/mac/10.3/#/ctls722264b2

The X-Touch (MCU) buttons may have the same name as keys on your keyboard, but they don't do the same thing that you would expect when pressing keys and using the mouse.

What are you attempting to accomplish by selecting multiple channels on the X-Touch? If you select multiple tracks in the Logic window the SELECT buttons will light up on the X-Touch, but that won't make the X-Touch do something like move all of the faders on the selected channels.

Something I forgot to mention before. You can "turn off" all of the lights on the X-Touch by sending it MIDI note off messages (channel 1, velocity 0, every note from 0-127). You have to NOT have Logic open/running so you can send the MIDI commands to the INT port. I don't recall if they all stay off once you start Logic back up again...

Logic Pro X 10.4.6, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5