Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

macOS High Sierra compatibility

Has anybody checked the compatibility of TC audio interfaces with the new macOS High Sierra (10.13)?
I have asked TC Support for an official statement. Will post here when they answer.
Konnekt 24D; Reaper; Retina MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2014, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD); OS X Mojave
Tags (1)
nixx Super Contributor - Level 2 2017-09-26

2017-09-26

macOS High Sierra compatibility

Has anybody checked the compatibility of TC audio interfaces with the new macOS High Sierra (10.13)?
I have asked TC Support for an official statement. Will post here when they answer.

• 0 Kudos
  • 32 Replies

Re: macOS High Sierra compatibility

TC haven't even tested it:

No it is not compatible. In fact we have not tested and I don't know if there will be an update for these. So for the moment do not update if you still want to use your Konnekt.
There will be further news about it in a near future.
Konnekt 24D; Reaper; Retina MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2014, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD); OS X Mojave
Contributor - Level 2

Thanx, I was waiting for an update for this too.
Contributor - Level 2

nixx wrote:
TC haven't even tested it:

No it is not compatible. In fact we have not tested and I don't know if there will be an update for these. So for the moment do not update if you still want to use your Konnekt.
There will be further news about it in a near future.

Was this an email from TC?

I am not sure what to make of "it is not compatible" and "we have not tested". That sounds like they just don't know .... and it could just work, right?
Contributor - Level 2

I installed High Sierra on my laptop (that I usually don´t use for music production/with my TC Konnekt 6) and then I installed the latest driver, for Mac OS Sierra and connected the audio interface but couldn´t get it to work.. It simply wont show up.

I won´t update my iMac until I find a confirmation of it to work with High Sierra.
iMac 27" Retina Late 2015 Intel Core i7 @4 GHz 4 GB AMD Radeon R9 M395X | 32 GB RAM Desktop Konnekt 6 Yamaha HS50M
Contributor - Level 2

Oooups! Sorry guys, turns out I lacked some patience..!

I can actually now CONFIRM that my TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 works with Mac OS High Sierra (Mac OS 10.13) - using the older, Mac OS Sierra drivers!

What I did is I updated my OS, downloaded and installed official Sierra driver from TC-Electronic, restarted my computer and got a prompt that TC-Electronic config would not be activated if I not gave it access in my OS settings, under Security & integrity. Now it works fine - only tested with Spotify so far. TC Control Panel opens and shows my Konnekt 6.

Will go ahead and update my iMac to High Sierra later today.
iMac 27" Retina Late 2015 Intel Core i7 @4 GHz 4 GB AMD Radeon R9 M395X | 32 GB RAM Desktop Konnekt 6 Yamaha HS50M

Thanks, PistoleroBeats! Please let us know how it worked out with your iMac...
Contributor - Level 2

nixx wrote:
Thanks, PistoleroBeats! Please let us know how it worked out with your iMac...

It worked out all fine and dandy!
Now successfully running Mac OS High Sierra on both iMac and MacBook Pro with working audio through TC Electronic Desktop Konnect 6.

The only difference from my laptop is that the Sierra driver was already installed on my iMac, and audio works as expected without any interference from me.
Contributor - Level 1

Decided yesterday to try updating to Mac OS High Sierra on my iMac late 2009.
Didn't update the TC driver for my Impact Twin, but I can confirm that it worked straight away, without having to do anything. (Software package version 3.6.1f34)
Have played back videos and music on youtube, spotify and Ableton Live Suite 9.7.4 - everything is fine.

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the reports, guys!
Although that doesn't mean it will work on all machines and/or be officially supported, it definitely is promising Smiley Happy