Contributor - Level 2

p16 mixing on m32

I am tracking 11 inputs of drums ch 1 - 11, bass ch 12, guitar ch 13, and keys ch 14. I need 3 channels for reference mics ch 15, 16 and 17 on an m32.

this is what I would like to do. I put the kick drum on p16 ch 1. the snare 0n p16 channel 2. I want to mix all the rest of the drum inputs (3 - 11) from the m32 to a stereo bus and run them to linked inputs 3 and 4 on the p16, and be able to use input channels 5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 of the p16 for the other instrument and vocal mics from the m32. The problem is channels 5 - 11 on the p16 are still getting there respective channels from the direct outs of the m32 plus the stereo bus.
This would be the setup if it could be done:
P16
Ch 1 - Kick
Ch 2 - Snare
Ch 3&4 linked - Hats, Tom1 ,Tom2, Tom3 ,Flr1 ,Flr2, OH R, OH L, Ride.
Ch 5 - Bass (from input ch 12 on m32)
Ch 6 - Guitar( from input ch 13
Ch 7 - Keys (from input ch 14
Ch 8 - Vox (from input ch 15
Ch 9 - -Vox (from input ch 16
Ch 10 - Vox (vox from ch 17

Is it possible.
Thanks
Tags (1)
RickCatanese Contributor - Level 2 2018-10-10

2018-10-10

p16 mixing on m32

I am tracking 11 inputs of drums ch 1 - 11, bass ch 12, guitar ch 13, and keys ch 14. I need 3 channels for reference mics ch 15, 16 and 17 on an m32.

this is what I would like to do. I put the kick drum on p16 ch 1. the snare 0n p16 channel 2. I want to mix all the rest of the drum inputs (3 - 11) from the m32 to a stereo bus and run them to linked inputs 3 and 4 on the p16, and be able to use input channels 5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 of the p16 for the other instrument and vocal mics from the m32. The problem is channels 5 - 11 on the p16 are still getting there respective channels from the direct outs of the m32 plus the stereo bus.
This would be the setup if it could be done:
P16
Ch 1 - Kick
Ch 2 - Snare
Ch 3&4 linked - Hats, Tom1 ,Tom2, Tom3 ,Flr1 ,Flr2, OH R, OH L, Ride.
Ch 5 - Bass (from input ch 12 on m32)
Ch 6 - Guitar( from input ch 13
Ch 7 - Keys (from input ch 14
Ch 8 - Vox (from input ch 15
Ch 9 - -Vox (from input ch 16
Ch 10 - Vox (vox from ch 17

Is it possible.
Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: p16 mixing on m32

Create a stereo bus on the M32 (Select a bus, press the "Stereo Link" button.)
Push channels into it the way you would any other bus to create the stereo drum mix.
Ensure the bus's master fader is up and un-muted.

Routing>Ultranet
Set DOs of the relevant channels to the relevant ultranet channels. When it comes to ultranet 3+4, set those as bus3\4, at whatever tap point you want.
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Rick,

Here is a snippet that should set it up as you desire - just in case you can't follow what Craig has mentioned.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Craig and Paul. I'm an old analog guy going digital. The m32 is an amazing upgrade in my studio. Paul, not sure how to open a .snp file.
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Rick,

You can load it one of 2 ways.
1. copy the snippet file to a USB stick and insert it into the USB port on the top of the M32. Then go to the Snippet screen (beside the Scene screen), select a spot on the list, then the Utility button, then Import (push 5th encoder). Once in the snippet list, select the snippet and select Go (1st encoder).

2. Using the M32-Edit (Mac, PC, linux or Raspberry Pi), connect to the M32, select the Scenes screen, select the left Snippet screen (there will be 2 sets of cues, scenes, snippets), select a blank spot, select Import and import the snippet file. Finally select the imported snippet and select Load (or double click on it).

Welcome to the forum, btw
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

daw mix

hey Paul, is there any way to get all 32 channels from my daw to mix on the board. I get the first 8 on the right side group of faders but I can't seem to bank over to the next level. I am using DP 9. Everything is working as far as transport controls and the first 8 channels.
Thanks
Rick
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Rick,

What is DP 9? What card are you using - DN32-USB or the X-Live card? The issue may be routing or a recording card setting. Why don't you upload your scene file so that we can have a look and better advise. Here are the instructions
Volunteer Moderator

Paul, DP is Digital Performer.

No, there is no way to control more than 8 faders at a time. This is the limitation of a single mackie mcu/hui that the x32 emulates. Banking is your only option and should work.

Are you operating in the correct mode in both the x32 and DP?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!