Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

sends a sub-group to a return bus X32

Hello everyone.
Would it be possible for you on an X32 to send a SUB-GROUPS to a Bus for a scene return?
cordially
Tags (1)
SteffBonno Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-28

2019-01-28

Hello everyone.
Would it be possible for you on an X32 to send a SUB-GROUPS to a Bus for a scene return?
cordially

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: sends a sub-group to a return bus X32

Steff Bonno;159501 wrote:
Hello everyone.
cordially

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Are you aware that a Sub Group is a Mix Bus it is just that it is setup to send a fixed level to that Bus. I never use a Mix Bus set as a Sub Group I always use a Variable Mix Bus send and then send as much of that channel to the Mix Bus as I want.

I don't know if this is of any help to you.
Contributor - Level 3

You can't route a bus to another bus, but you can have a spare channel source its signal from a bus, then you can push that channel into another bus. I don't know what you mean by "scene return."
Contributor - Level 2

Good evening and thank you for your answers,
What seeks to do is for example a sound of a battery (5 shots) to create a subgroup "drums" to have a single volume, but then can send it on a scene back by a bus to also have a single volume setting to adjust the drums for the sound of the scene
Or also to send a subgroup of instruments to an FX1 or FX2 ...
I do not know if I make myself understood, excuse me because I am French and try to translate you into English Smiley Tongue
Thank you
Contributor - Level 2

Steff Bonno;159578 wrote:
Good evening and thank you for your answers,
What seeks to do is for example a sound of a battery (5 shots) to create a subgroup "drums" to have a single volume, but then can send it on a scene back by a bus to also have a single volume setting to adjust the drums for the sound of the scene
Or also to send a subgroup of instruments to an FX1 or FX2 ...
I do not know if I make myself understood, excuse me because I am French and try to translate you into English Smiley Tongue
Thank you

If I understand correctly what you want to do, you can assign all the drum channels to a DCA Group.. No audio is routed specifically this way, the DCA fader works as a remote control for all the drum channel faders, as if you were using five fingers simultaneously, but the balance between said channels remains the same. No need for a mixbus/subgroup.
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks to Craig Fowler for the tip this can answer my problem and also thanks to the others for your answers.
Contributor - Level 2

Craig just to clarify what you mean when you say"You can't route a bus to a bus".
You can select any of the 16 Buses and send them to the Matrix. Which in itself is
a Bus. You can select the M/C Bus hit the Sends On Fader and send any of the 16
Buses to it. Again M/C is a Bus. Just trying to understand what you mean when
you say you can't do that. And I hope this doesn't get deleted like my last post.
I'm really trying to understand what you can't do.

Michael
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, you're correct. You can send a bus to a matrix. You can also send a bus to LR (which is also a bus, if you define a "bus" as "a summation of signals into a new signal.") You can send the LR (bus) to a matrix.

What you can't do is send bus1-16 to bus1-16. eg if you had a monitor wedge fed by bus 1, and a drum subgroup set as bus5, you can't push bus5 straight into bus1 to get that drum subgroup in the monitor wedge. There are ways around it (eg bus5 to spare channel, spare channel into bus1, or bus1+bus5 into a mtx, then feed the monitor from the mtx,) but they have limitations (eg needing a spare channel, you can only run 6x mtxs, which get burnt up quickly if you're working in stereo.)