Contributor - Level 1

two questons about UMC404hd

Hi!

Could you please help me to solve two my problems with U-phoria UMC404HD

1) when i plug in device to my laptop and start recording (in Audacity) i can only record sound from two channels  1st and 2nd or 3rd and 4th. i would like to know how can i record from all of the channels in one time.

2) when i plug in monitor headset in the front input it works perfect. But when i also plug in second monitor the backsine input my headphone's sound works only in one channel right or left. 

I would be happy if you could help me

Bornin90th Contributor - Level 1 2019-12-02

2019-12-02

two questons about UMC404hd

Hi!

Could you please help me to solve two my problems with U-phoria UMC404HD

1) when i plug in device to my laptop and start recording (in Audacity) i can only record sound from two channels  1st and 2nd or 3rd and 4th. i would like to know how can i record from all of the channels in one time.

2) when i plug in monitor headset in the front input it works perfect. But when i also plug in second monitor the backsine input my headphone's sound works only in one channel right or left. 

I would be happy if you could help me

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: two questons about UMC404hd

@Bornin90th wrote:

Audacity is a 2 channel recorder. An ASIO compatible DAW will do the trick.

2) when i plug in monitor headset in the front input it works perfect. But when i also plug in second monitor the backside input my headphone's sound works only in one channel right or left. 

A set of headphones are stereo wired using a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) plug that has L and R on the Tip and Ring—the sleeve is common (ground). The rear outputs are mono (x2), designed to drive an amplifier. You would need a headphone amplifier like the Behringer P2

Contributor - Level 1

Thank you so much

Rising Star - Level 3

@Bornin90th 

Hi Dmitrii, 

You may find this diagram useful: https://github.com/mcnster/umc-404hd-signal-path/blob/master/umc404hd.pdf

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver