Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 71

Contributor - Level 2
Dear PowerCore Community,
Happy Holiday season,
thanks for your continuos engagement and for those who believe in Santa Clause
:
We are privately using PowerCore in our Studios and we want to keep it that way. Therefor the PowerCore drivers are adapted to build using latest software technologies and libraries, following all the changes required to keep PowerCore compatible with current operating systems.

We wanted to share that effort with the community but have to advice that this release is not maintained by TC. Please don't bother support if anything is not working! TC is not involved in any of the development anymore. TC kindly offered this place for sharing.

unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 71
macOS, Windows 64bit, Windows 32bit
(by downloading pre-released PowerCore software you agree to the conditions outlined at welcome!)

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so solely to pocobeta@tcelectronic.com.
[list=*]
  • macOS:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/powercore_uninstall.log

• kernel panic logs can be found at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• application crash logs at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• kernel logs at /var/log/system.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• kernel crash dumps at \Windows\MiniDump

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

• Thanks a lot for all your investigations! This is very much appreciated!

Whats new
    4.5 b71: (P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • Complete Installers.

• macOS[list=*]
  • macOS Sierra compatibility, min OS requirement: 10.8.3

• Windows[list=*]
  • Windows 10 compatibility, min OS requirement: Windows 7 SP1 + KB3033929

• Some hints to make a successful installation:[list=*]
  • Supported OS versions are macOS 10.8.3 and later (with 64bit kernel) and Windows 7 and later (with 32bit and 64bit kernel)

• Windows: Please ensure that you have recently updated your system (otherwise certificates needed to check if the driver is correctly signed could be outdated leading to "device cannot start").

• All PowerCore Firewire versions are supported, PCIe, PCI MkII and Classic PowerCore PCI are supported.

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • PowerCore/PCIe and PCI MkII do not work with Apples thunderbolt update to the PCIFamily.kext included in macOS 10.8.4 and later

• Tags (1)
    54 REPLIES 54

Re: unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 71

Contributor - Level 2
    AMAZING WAUUUUU

Contributor - Level 2
    Thank you
    Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 10 x64 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / CMC Controllers / Faderport / iPad 2&3 Lemur... /

Contributor - Level 2
    Wonderful ! I just installed and it works ! Thank you, Hagen !

Contributor - Level 2
    Thank you

Contributor - Level 2
    My Powercore firewire still does not work for me on El Capitan, MacPro 2016.
    ( via thunderbolt to firewire adapter )
    Any thoughts?
    Powercore firewire, software version 4.5 beta 71 ( thunderbolt to firewire adapter ); Prism sound orpheus; MacPro 2016 latest El Capitan; latest Reaper, Cubase PRO 9.

Contributor - Level 2
    Before I read this I succesfully installed my two Powercore X8 devices on Windows10 with 4.4.3.f62 and 4.5.b064 AFTER GETTING THE RIGHT CHIPSET UPDATES FOR THE MOBO.....(I did get a BSOD when loading my list of plugins, but that was a list with virus input, assimilator compensator and TC compensator included...not a very realistic situation, maybe there was a signal overload.....)

Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3Rev1.0---F22g BIOS, Intel 5960x, Windows8/10 64bit, Cubase 8.5.2, Belkin Fwcard with TI Chipset drivers, Powercore 4.3.3.62 plus 4.5.064 for (2x) Powercore X8

Contributor - Level 2
    Petras wrote:
    My Powercore firewire still does not work for me on El Capitan, MacPro 2016.
    ( via thunderbolt to firewire adapter )
    Any thoughts?

What does "does not work" exactly mean?

Contributor - Level 2
    robbie wrote:
    Before I read this I succesfully installed my two Powercore X8 devices on Windows10 with 4.4.3.f62 and 4.5.b064 AFTER GETTING THE RIGHT CHIPSET UPDATES FOR THE MOBO.....(I did get a BSOD when loading my list of plugins, but that was a list with virus input, assimilator compensator and TC compensator included...not a very realistic situation, maybe there was a signal overload.....)

Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3Rev1.0---F22g BIOS, Intel 5960x, Windows8/10 64bit, Cubase 8.5.2, Belkin Fwcard with TI Chipset drivers, Powercore 4.3.3.62 plus 4.5.064 for (2x) Powercore X8

Is this about b71 or b64?

Contributor - Level 2
    I am getting there...I will install your new 4.5.071 software...

hagen@TC wrote:
    robbie wrote:

Is this about b71 or b64?
    Conversation Stats
    • Replies
    • Views
    • Kudos Given
    • Contributors