Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 72

Contributor - Level 2
This release is not maintained by TC. Please don't bother support if anything is not working! TC is not involved in any of the development anymore. TC kindly offered this place for sharing.

unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 72
macOS, Windows 64bit, Windows 32bit
(by downloading pre-released PowerCore software you agree to the conditions outlined at welcome!)

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so solely to pocobeta@tcelectronic.com.
[list=*]
  • macOS:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/powercore_uninstall.log

• kernel panic logs can be found at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• application crash logs at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• kernel logs:
    [list=*]
  • prior macOS Sierra: at /var/log/system.log

• from macOS Sierra on: issue log stream --predicate 'senderImagePath contains "PowerCore"'

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• kernel crash dumps at \Windows\MiniDump

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

• Thanks a lot for all your investigations! This is very much appreciated!

Whats new
    4.5 b72: (P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • macOS[list=*]
  • fixed regression in b71 leading to instability and sluggish behaviour

• Windows[list=*]
  • no changes - same as b71

• Some hints to make a successful installation:[list=*]
  • Backup any separately installed TC plugins! They might get overridden

• Supported OS versions are macOS 10.8.3 and later (with 64bit kernel) and Windows 7 SP1 + KB3033929 and later (with 32bit and 64bit kernel)

• macOS: If updated from a previous PowerCore 4.5 installation a reboot is required!

• Windows: Please ensure that you have recently updated your system (otherwise certificates needed to check if the driver is correctly signed could be outdated leading to "device cannot start").

• All PowerCore Firewire versions are supported, PCIe, PCI MkII and Classic PowerCore PCI are supported.

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • PowerCore/PCIe and PCI MkII do not work with Apples thunderbolt update to the PCIFamily.kext included in macOS 10.8.4 and later

• Tags (1)
    105 REPLIES 105

Re: unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 72

Contributor - Level 2
    Thank you! I still hope that TC plug-ins can be native 64-bit plug-ins, so that we have more confidence in the use of TC

Contributor - Level 2
    Hi Hagen. Updated MacOS 10.11.6 Logic Pro 10.3. PowerCore 4.5 beta 72 .

System overload.

The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

You can try increasing the I/O buffer size, change the Multithreading option at Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > Devices.
    and noise
    I sent all info to pocobeta

Thanks.
    Powercore X8. Virus Multi/MD3/VSS3/CL1B/Tap Factory/Fabric R+C. MacPro (late 2013) , Prism Titan, UAD2 Quad Firewire+Thunderbolt, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12

Contributor - Level 2
    dilim78 wrote:
    Hi Hagen. Updated MacOS 10.11.6 Logic Pro 10.3. PowerCore 4.5 beta 72 .

System overload.

The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

You can try increasing the I/O buffer size, change the Multithreading option at Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > Devices.
    and noise
    I sent all info to pocobeta

Thanks.

How are you using the 32bit PowerCore Audio Units in the 64bit Logic?

Contributor - Level 2
    32 live
    Powercore X8. Virus Multi/MD3/VSS3/CL1B/Tap Factory/Fabric R+C. MacPro (late 2013) , Prism Titan, UAD2 Quad Firewire+Thunderbolt, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12

Contributor - Level 2
    Here also a powercore user who dont get the hardware working with this beta version @ 10.11.6

Im getting frustrated the powercore dont get recognized, so i don't even cant load my payed licenses..

I have already buyed new FW cables but nothing works for me, and no support for this device from TC ?

Contributor - Level 2
    JRMN wrote:
    Here also a powercore user who dont get the hardware working with this beta version @ 10.11.6

Im getting frustrated the powercore dont get recognized, so i don't even cant load my payed licenses..

I have already buyed new FW cables but nothing works for me, and no support for this device from TC ?

I have no idea why your PowerCores are not "recognised". Could be macOS simply forgot to load the driver.
    You could try to manually load the driver:

sudo kextutil -v /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext

If that doesn't help please forward the output of this command.

BUT, I am certainly not responsible for any frustration you might have with this obsolete product. This is an enthusiasts project to keep PowerCore alive. You might be frustrated and talk to the ones who broke your system. Begin with yourself and ask yourself why did you update the OS, when this audio system needs to continue to run. And then go ahead and look for the one who made changes to the OS so its hardware is not working anymore.

Contributor - Level 2
    hagen@TC wrote:

I have no idea why your PowerCores are not "recognised". Could be macOS simply forgot to load the driver.
    You could try to manually load the driver:

sudo kextutil -v /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext

If that doesn't help please forward the output of this command.

Thank you for the reply, and support

The problem is, i see the powercore led blinks so there must be a connection
    from the peripheral device is my opinion and the kext file is also loaded from S/L/E

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
    /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
    Loading /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext.
    /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

hagen@TC wrote:

BUT, I am certainly not responsible for any frustration you might have with this obsolete product. This is an enthusiasts project to keep PowerCore alive. You might be frustrated and talk to the ones who broke your system. Begin with yourself and ask yourself why did you update the OS, when this audio system needs to continue to run. And then go ahead and look for the one who made changes to the OS so its hardware is not working anymore.

The frustrating is nothing personal, more the way how TC treats customers with payed hardware/licenses..
    And take their hands off the support for the powercore range even if it's outdated..

I am grateful there are people who spend time on it to keep this software alive, but i have build a new system.
    So i have take the PoCo from my old system (10.9 Mavericks) to my new build with a fresh install (10.11 El Capitan)

Because of some Hardware / DAW's & Plugins needed a update of the OS to get it working or better support.

I read topics here on the forum many users who didn't get the PoCo not working anymore
    But this beta version will support on MacOs Sierra 10.12, i have also TB2 on my system

But i have still connected with a Ti chipset Firewire card ( 800 + 400 ) + FW400 cable

maybe you can tell me which Powercore version is the best for using on 10.11.6 ?

Contributor - Level 2
    JRMN wrote:
    The problem is, i see the powercore led blinks so there must be a connection
    from the peripheral device is my opinion and the kext file is also loaded from S/L/E

What do you mean by blinks? If its still pulsing its not connected. The kext should not be loaded from /S/L/E instead apple requires it is located at /L/E now. But before speculating more please forward /var/log/system.log to pocobeta@tcelectronic.com. Thanks!

/Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).

The frustrating is nothing personal, more the way how TC treats customers with payed hardware/licenses..
    And take their hands off the support for the powercore range even if it's outdated..

That is completely wrong, you can still go ahead and get support for the product running in its specifications.

I read topics here on the forum many users who didn't get the PoCo not working anymore

Thats also completely wrong, there are a 4 users with issues with the latest beta for macOS and we are yet to find out the circumstances why they have trouble getting the latest beta up and running. So far there seem to be two issues:
    [list=*]
  • the kernel extension is not loaded (seen as "PowerCore not getting recognized"), maybe the kext cache didn't get triggered to be rebuilt.

• report of synchronisation errors (system overloads) in Logic and 32 Lives

• maybe you can tell me which Powercore version is the best for using on 10.11.6 ?

This one. But you can try latest official release + 4.5 b64

Contributor - Level 2
    hagen@TC wrote:

What do you mean by blinks? If its still pulsing its not connected. The kext should not be loaded from /S/L/E instead apple requires it is located at /L/E now. But before speculating more please forward /var/log/system.log to pocobeta@tcelectronic.com. Thanks!

The powercore is indeed pulsing, i have tried different FW cable's / FW ports + locations: Library/Extensions & S/L/E
    Startup without cache ( -f ) but no reaction at all..

I even cant find something in the system log, only the kext is loaded
    [code]
    Jan 22 14:26:16 JRMN-Music-Mac-Pro sudo[773]: jrmn-music : TTY=ttys000 ; PWD=/Users/jrmn-music ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/kextutil -v /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext
    Jan 22 15:25:21 JRMN-Music-Mac-Pro sudo[642]: jrmn-music : TTY=ttys000 ; PWD=/Users/jrmn-music ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/kextutil -v /Library/Extensions/PowerCore.kext
    [/code]

hagen@TC wrote:

Thats also completely wrong, there are a 4 users with issues with the latest beta for macOS and we are yet to find out the circumstances why they have trouble getting the latest beta up and running. So far there seem to be two issues:
    [list=*]
  • the kernel extension is not loaded (seen as "PowerCore not getting recognized"), maybe the kext cache didn't get triggered to be rebuilt.

• report of synchronisation errors (system overloads) in Logic and 32 Lives

• This one. But you can try latest official release + 4.5 b64

I have also rebuild caches & permissions after installing the software by terminal command.

Its more i have tried everything, and i was always content with the powercore and the plugins..

Another thing is the PoCo software dont see any of the plugins but they are there in: Audio/Plugins
    Conversation Stats
    • Replies
    • Views
    • Kudos Given
    • Contributors