Contributor - Level 2

x-touch, one computer, two mixers

I've been searching for this but couldn't find an helpful answer yet.
I have two XR18s. I tipically use them connected to an ethernet switch along with a computer where I run X-Air edit and select what mixer I want to control.
I would like to upgrade to X-Touch controller and I'm wondering if there is any configuration that allows me to do the same thing.
Best would be connect the x-touch to the switch and be able to select the mixer from it but I guess this is not possible so it will be ok If x-touch can control the xair software on the computer so I can select from there which mixer to use.

Can anyone help please?
Thanx.

"Music is the closest thing to magic that we have"
nonsonstatoio Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-21

2019-05-21

x-touch, one computer, two mixers

I've been searching for this but couldn't find an helpful answer yet.
I have two XR18s. I tipically use them connected to an ethernet switch along with a computer where I run X-Air edit and select what mixer I want to control.
I would like to upgrade to X-Touch controller and I'm wondering if there is any configuration that allows me to do the same thing.
Best would be connect the x-touch to the switch and be able to select the mixer from it but I guess this is not possible so it will be ok If x-touch can control the xair software on the computer so I can select from there which mixer to use.

Can anyone help please?
Thanx.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: x-touch, one computer, two mixers

Hi @nonsonstatoio ,

You can switch an X-Touch to control different XAir mixers by changing the Slv IP address setting. This requires rebooting the X-Touch so is not a very quick operation. X-Touch controls the mixer directly - not through XAir Edit although both can be used at the same time.

View solution in original post

Hi @nonsonstatoio ,

You can switch an X-Touch to control different XAir mixers by changing the Slv IP address setting. This requires rebooting the X-Touch so is not a very quick operation. X-Touch controls the mixer directly - not through XAir Edit although both can be used at the same time.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

This is a solution.
Can you tell me how much time does it take the whole switch?

Thank you.

@nonsonstatoio wrote:

This is a solution.
Can you tell me how much time does it take the whole switch?

Thank you.

@nonsonstatoio 

It takes about ten seconds to reboot the X-Touch, change the SlvIP address and wait for synchronization to complete.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Ok, this is more than reasonable.
Thank you for your prompt answer.

I will go with the x-touch and keep the computer as second monitor.