Contributor - Level 3

xr18 not receiving usb properly

my xr18 is having issues receiving usb input from my Mac, running Ableton Live 10

I would like to send it to the aux channels 17/18 and that worked for a period of time. and then stopped at some point. I was able to get 15/16 to work for a while but now those don't receive either... what is happening?? Now I can only get it to receive on channels 1-12

Hope someone can help

Poysippi Contributor - Level 3 2019-10-07

2019-10-07

xr18 not receiving usb properly

my xr18 is having issues receiving usb input from my Mac, running Ableton Live 10

I would like to send it to the aux channels 17/18 and that worked for a period of time. and then stopped at some point. I was able to get 15/16 to work for a while but now those don't receive either... what is happening?? Now I can only get it to receive on channels 1-12

Hope someone can help

• 0 Kudos
  • 9 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: xr18 not receiving usb properly

huh... just updated the OS on my Mac Book Pro... and now its working fine.... craziness

Thanks for the help

Kip-

Rising Star - Level 1

Hi @Poysippi 

If you post your scene, we can see if it's a mixer routing problem.

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

Contributor - Level 3

here is that scene from my x edit

Kip-

Rising Star - Level 1

@PoysippiScreen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.11.47 PM.pngChannels 9&10, 13,14, 15&16, 17&18 are set to USB inputs in the scene you posted. Any signal Ableton is putting on USB channels 17&18 will be go through the XR18's channel 17&18. If you want USB 1 & 2 instead, change the channel source. 

Contributor - Level 3

That is what I would like to do but it is not happening... As I stated before. with the mixer set as it is I can not send to 17/18 or 15/16...

I am trying figure out why?

Kip-

Contributor - Level 3

is there a way to speak to a Berhinger tech through this process? perhaps a Teamveiwer session... I am getting tired of not being able to trust that this system is going function in a touring situation.

Kip-

Rising Star - Level 1

@Poysippi 

You are sending signal from Ableton over USB. What channel(s) is Ableton sending?

To talk to someone from Behringer, you would need to use the online support system and wait for their response (look in your SPAM folder).

Contributor - Level 3

huh... just updated the OS on my Mac Book Pro... and now its working fine.... craziness

Thanks for the help

Kip-

Rising Star - Level 1

@Poysippi 

Computers😀

Glad it's working now.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I was sending on 17/18 or 15/16 etc... choosen in the master output dialog.

anyways... working now.

Kip-