Contributor - Level 1

Connect Sub to Crown Amp XLS 1002 with Passive Speakers

I have a Crown Amp XLS 1002 that are connected to Polk RTI6 passive speakers. I want to also connect my Sub to the amp. I have a Powered sub. I also have a SMSL SU-8 Dac that is connected via the balanced outputs.192.168.0.1

I done some reading but still dont understand it quite yet. From what I understand and correct me if am wrong.

From the DAC i need to use a Y XLR cable and connect it to channel 1 input. whatsapp web

Then I connect the sub channel 2 output via either speakon or binding postsrouterlogin

Then I connect the passive speakers to channel 2 output(But I would need to bi -wire the speakers in parallel or something like that?)

Then the Crossover in the AMP directs all the traffic with the pass filters?

If all is correct. How does it determine left and right for imaging? Or do I lose that when I connect it this way?

PookalPookum Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-20

2019-09-20

Connect Sub to Crown Amp XLS 1002 with Passive Speakers

I have a Crown Amp XLS 1002 that are connected to Polk RTI6 passive speakers. I want to also connect my Sub to the amp. I have a Powered sub. I also have a SMSL SU-8 Dac that is connected via the balanced outputs.192.168.0.1

I done some reading but still dont understand it quite yet. From what I understand and correct me if am wrong.

From the DAC i need to use a Y XLR cable and connect it to channel 1 input. whatsapp web

Then I connect the sub channel 2 output via either speakon or binding postsrouterlogin

Then I connect the passive speakers to channel 2 output(But I would need to bi -wire the speakers in parallel or something like that?)

Then the Crossover in the AMP directs all the traffic with the pass filters?

If all is correct. How does it determine left and right for imaging? Or do I lose that when I connect it this way?

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies