Contributor - Level 1

lot of noise on karaoke setup using XR12

I have made a basic setup using tv audio-aux out for music-source and microphones for vocals. I found music was noisy. So, I did lot of debug and the summary is as below:

I started using only 1 channel out of 5-10, say M, keeping all other chanels mute i.e. all channels from 1-12 are mute except M. Even then I get quite noisy output on my soundbar. Source of music is youtube karaoke track from TV audio aux-output (of course TV audio is muted). Only weak point in connection I can't debug is the 3.5mm-male to 6mm-male cable or 3.5mm-female to 6mm-male converter. I have checked tv audio out using RCA cables to my soundbar and the music is perfectly alright. So, source is perfectly fine. Assuming the cables are alright (as chances of cable and adapter both being bad are low), its the mixer XR12. I think its my settings (.scn) as microphones sound alright but when music is entered through same mic-channel, noise is there. Any suggestion?

agaurav009 Contributor - Level 1 2019-12-05

2019-12-05

lot of noise on karaoke setup using XR12

I have made a basic setup using tv audio-aux out for music-source and microphones for vocals. I found music was noisy. So, I did lot of debug and the summary is as below:

I started using only 1 channel out of 5-10, say M, keeping all other chanels mute i.e. all channels from 1-12 are mute except M. Even then I get quite noisy output on my soundbar. Source of music is youtube karaoke track from TV audio aux-output (of course TV audio is muted). Only weak point in connection I can't debug is the 3.5mm-male to 6mm-male cable or 3.5mm-female to 6mm-male converter. I have checked tv audio out using RCA cables to my soundbar and the music is perfectly alright. So, source is perfectly fine. Assuming the cables are alright (as chances of cable and adapter both being bad are low), its the mixer XR12. I think its my settings (.scn) as microphones sound alright but when music is entered through same mic-channel, noise is there. Any suggestion?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: lot of noise on karaoke setup using XR12

@agaurav009 

Hello Anand, welcome to the community.

What type of connector is the TV output? If it is a stereo 3.5mm socket, you would need to use a cable like this to separate the two channels and connect the 6.35mm mono plugs to two adjacent channels - e.g. 5 & 6.

If the TV output is RCA sockets, use a cable like this and also connect to two mixer channels.

In both cases you should stereo-link the two channels in your XR12 setup using XAir-Edit.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: lot of noise on karaoke setup using XR12

@RexBeckett 

Thanks a lot. I'll try that.