Speakers

Highlighted

Do you use the iQ-speaker modelling?

Volunteer Moderator
I was recently visiting behringers HQ in Germany and had the best of times.

One of the questions they asked me was if I knew how many users of the iQ-speakers were using the builtin speaker modelling.

I have fiddled around with it myself and while I liked what I heard I opted for the original sound, except for my home stereo where I opted for the meyer model.

Does any of you use the iQ-speaker modelling on a regular basis or do you just leave it as it is?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Do you use the iQ-speaker modelling?

Super Contributor - Level 2
I do not use the speaker modeling or any dsp. Speaker as is and flat eq. Not saying it’s no good, just don’t use it. My general feeling is if I wanted the emulated speaker I would just buy it. Emulate and (probably) not quite make the grade. Besides I wouldn’t really know how most of them sounded anyway. Sounds like fun in Germany! Get a peek at the next greatest thing?

Volunteer Moderator
Gary Higgins;156574 wrote:
I do not use the speaker modeling or any dsp. Speaker as is and flat eq. Not saying it’s no good, just don’t use it. My general feeling is if I wanted the emulated speaker I would just buy it. Emulate and (probably) not quite make the grade. Besides I wouldn’t really know how most of them sounded anyway.

Did you try them just for fun to see what the noise was about.

Sounds like fun in Germany! Get a peek at the next greatest thing?

I’d have to kill you if I told you .

Most things are done with computers nowadays so it’s not like they have a ton of gear lying around I did see the Air-Link though, but that is old news now. They probably have some more cool stuff in a locked room somewhere. I was mostly focused on the german beer and bratwurst anyway

They had a small ‘museum’ of old berry stuff and I was able to play an old behringer bass that never came to market!

This was just a social visit to meet with the guys in person. That was more than I could have asked for.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Super Contributor - Level 2
I did play with them a bit a long while ago but can't remember what I tried. I do remember thinking..well if that's how they sound, no thanks. To be fair I have not really kicked the tires that much so I shouldn't be too critical. I do like the IQ's for IQ's sake though.

Sounds like a very cool trip and a good time. I'm sure the super cool future pieces are DEEP under wraps. As an aside I happened to run across a Midas Heritage-D user group that seemed to be based on a mixer that doesn't exist! I remember the rumor. The people are hungry!!

Volunteer Moderator
Robert Lofgren;156551 wrote:
Does any of you use the iQ-speaker modelling on a regular basis or do you just leave it as it is?

Well, since they don't include any Carvin modelling, I leave them as is.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors