Performance

Highlighted

Which Sub for iQ15

Contributor - Level 2
hello.. I use the iQ15s for my mains and am realizing I need subs for certain venues.. is there a best practice combination? i.e. 12s with 15 subs or 15s with 18 subs.. or does Turbosound say that any combinations will be fine? I do have a couple iQ12s I use for monitors that I could use as mains instead of the iQ15s.. in any case thanks in advance for any advice or info. ~Bobby

p.s. edit: I want to stay with the iQ series.. I really love the Cat5 connection feature.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Which Sub for iQ15

Volunteer Moderator
The dsp in the iq-series has presets for either/or so it ought to sound comparable.

I’ve not listened to the iq18b but I’m very happy with my iq15b/iq12 combo and for me the smaller box is a better option when moving and storing them. The only complaint I’ve been given about the iq15b subs was that it was too loud Smiley Tongue.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
thank you Robert for your reply.. I am with you regarding moving and storage.. the 20lb difference is definitely a consideration.. so my configuration would likely be the iQ15 with iQ15B.. and would keep my iQ12s for the floor monitors. cheers!

Volunteer Moderator
Give it a try as I’d rather use the iq12 as tops.

Instead use the iq15 when you run a show without any subs...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
in the majority of our gigs I need floor monitors.. so if the 12 full range top/15 sub bottom combo sounds best I would have to use my full range 15s for the floor.. which though they're bigger and take up more room should not be a problem.

Contributor - Level 2
Bobby Sadler;152746 wrote:
hello.. I use the iQ15s for my mains and am realizing I need subs for certain venues.. is there a best practice combination? i.e. 12s with 15 subs or 15s with 18 subs.. or does Turbosound say that any combinations will be fine? I do have a couple iQ12s I use for monitors that I could use as mains instead of the iQ15s.. in any case thanks in advance for any advice or info. ~Bobby

p.s. edit: I want to stay with the iQ series.. I really love the Cat5 connection feature.

I'm using the IQ18B's and its the best system I've used.

Greg Bouten
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors