Top Solution Authors
Super Contributor - Level 2

TC Electronic Konnekt and macOS Catalina (64-bit support)

It seems that if TC Electronic won't update their TC Near software, all users of Konnekt (and Impact Twin) audio interfaces are out of luck and won't be able to use their hardware with the upcoming version of macOS. If I'm not mistaken, macOS Catalina will support only 64-bit apps - and TC Near Control Panel is 32-bit

Is there any chance TC Electronic will update TC Near to support for 64-bit only operating systems? It would be a shame to have all those killer audio interfaces bricked...

Konnekt 24D; Reaper; Retina MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2014, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD); OS X Mojave
nixx Super Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-06

2019-09-06

TC Electronic Konnekt and macOS Catalina (64-bit support)

It seems that if TC Electronic won't update their TC Near software, all users of Konnekt (and Impact Twin) audio interfaces are out of luck and won't be able to use their hardware with the upcoming version of macOS. If I'm not mistaken, macOS Catalina will support only 64-bit apps - and TC Near Control Panel is 32-bit

Is there any chance TC Electronic will update TC Near to support for 64-bit only operating systems? It would be a shame to have all those killer audio interfaces bricked...

• 4 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: TC Electronic Konnekt and macOS Catalina (64-bit support)

I agree. but it seems they are not involved in this forum at all. 

I think it's more for users, cause if you check most posts don't even get replies, sometimes if ure lucky a user will help you out but Tc's staff have not seen em around. 

Techno Here Techno There Techno Everywhere
Contributor - Level 1

Hello, updated yesterday to OSX Catalina, my  Impact Twin unfortunately does not work, I sent an email to the support, I hope to receive an email from the support, greetings

Highlighted
LB Contributor - Level 1
Contributor - Level 1

I own a Studio Konnekt 48 and I really love that interface. It is perfect for my recording needs, sounds great and has reasonable latencies. 

It is a real shame, that TC Electronics don't support this fairly new product. In a time where everybody's talking about the environment and saving resources, it just doesn't seem right that I have to throw away a perfectly good (great actually...) audio interface, just because I wish to upgrade the software on my Mac. 

Next time I buy an audio product I guess I will spend some time checking out the "end of life" policies of the manufaturer. The software support should last at least as long as the life expectancy of the hardware product.

I always thought of TC Electronics as a serious and trustworthy manufacturer, but this time you have really let me down...

Contributor - Level 2

I totally agree. Don't get it why drop support. I wouldn't mind to pay a few bucks for an updated driver. Maybe we should start a crowdfund to pay for the developer to update the driver. Or maybe they can opensource it.

Contributor - Level 1

welcome!  and now? Smiley Happy