Re: Constructive new Forum feedback

Contributor - Level 2

Clear single product (forum) pages to read, write, help others out, etc only about that product that have people's interests and/or knowledge at that moment.

E.g. I do not know anything in depth about guitars so I never would read or answer questions about that instrument in depth other than when an engineer ask about mixing guitars in mixer product pages. Showing those pages and information takes my focus away from what I really like and will finally result in never coming back in the future.

So I hope they create/fixed this as fast as possible.

Varomedia theater audio solutions

Contributor - Level 2
Is there any way to change the font? I am visually impaired and am having a real hard time reading with this font type!

Contributor - Level 2

Hi all,

I am really disappointed.

I usually search X32 topics using a browser then go directly to that topic from the browser.

For me this is faster than logging in and then scrolling thru the thousands of topics in "Trouble Shooting".

(Which I have done).

You can't go directly to the topic from the browser anymore. The new format forces you to log in.

Then what. I find it a mess.

The only time I log in is when I need to post a topic or if need to respond to one.

So far I have only posted one question. All the other times I have found the answer from reading past posts.

Hope they can fix this. 

The information in this forum is absolutely necessary for the X32 community because the manual is for the most part

useless.

Contributor - Level 3
Behringer is a 'product' company and a service company.
The most logical format would seem to me, to be product layout.
Musician, Producer, and Performance still seem like strange ways to post, but there seems to be even more ambiguous categories now.

There are too many successful forums, and great forum engines to try and reinvent the wheel.
I do not own or use a smart phone, so the new layout does nothing for me.
There seems to be little organization or structure in the odd format.
I suggest a normal and popular forum engine instead.

Contributor - Level 3

For a giggle I accessed the MusicTribe website from my phone.

- Doctor, it hurts when I do this.

- Then don't do that.

Pretty much sums it up.

Way to much screen space taken with stock cool photos, then several screens of scrolling to get to an actual post.

Next question.  What is this red UserSnap login assistance tab on the right?  Not knowing better I through that was the login tool for the mobile page.  It's not - not sure what it's good for, but I'll be taking the doctor's advice on that one too.  If UserSnap starts sending me unsolicited email I'm going to be some PO'd. 

Lots of really smart helpful people in these groups to stay away.  Just don't do it on your phone.

Contributor - Level 2

@DwayneAasberg wrote:

...What is this red UserSnap login assistance tab on the right?  Not knowing better I through that was the login tool for the mobile page.  It's not - not sure what it's good for...

And that red thing on the right is scrolling with you while it is hiding every last part of words on your mobile.

I think they have to start quickly with a lot of things to make it better and usefull because I already missing people that are posting a lot answers in the past. Losing the userbase goes very fast and there are a lot of other (classic) forums around where I can found a big userbase with X32 information.

Varomedia theater audio solutions

Super Contributor - Level 1

I'm also rather shocked at how bad the "upgrade" is.  This is not a useful format at all.  The whole "tags' concept will be increasingly kaotic as users themselves are free to create the tags..so if you want to search for something, its interesting that there are tags, but you don't know what you don't know when there are limitless tag variations possible.  

At the very least, admins should create a small finite list of tags that match pretty closely the old forum's product sub-form categorization.  Then we can basically get to the same info we used to get to by just choosing one of those tags form a short list of possible tags.  I spent the last few days just tyring to figure out how I can read the latest posts about the X32, which is the only product i'm interested in.  Whoa...forget it, I don't have time to wade through it all, it is just a time kill now.  Now I can only go to Live Mixing sub category..and see everything as a big mess and then hope I might choose the right tags to find something useful.  What a mess.  Sorry this is not constructive sounding, but you should take this criticisms all as constructive...

I also just spent a fair amount of time writing a very detailed post, which went up and then 5 minutes later was automatically removed as SPAM.  WTF?

Highlighted

Piano Man

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your valuable feedback. We are currently in a soft-launch phase and dedicated to improve these matters.

Please be patient with us while we make changes. I have asked our Tribers to look into these matters.

Thanks

Uli

Uli Behringer Music Tribe Leader

Volunteer Moderator
It looks like uploads have been fixed now. Please get back to me if it still doesn’t work.

@GaryHiggins wrote:

Also I'm not seeing file attachment options, important for posters of scenes etc....I see links (url), photo and video but not file /scene attachment options?

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Super Contributor - Level 2

I have had some of my posts deleted as being spam. They were not very long, had no links and did not contain any rude words. Is the spam detector a little too sensitive?

Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors