Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors
Piano Man

Re: Constructive new Forum feedback

Hi there, this is unfortunate.

This forum is based on an AI driven solution and it is possible that the machine learning algorithms have to be adjusted.

Thanks for the feedback.

Uli

Uli Behringer Music Tribe Leader
Super Contributor - Level 2

@UliBehringer wrote:

This forum is based on an AI driven solution and it is possible that the machine learning algorithms have to be adjusted.

Thanks for the feedback.

Uli

Thanks for your response, Uli. Maybe the AI engine doesn't like my inferences...

Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Apologises as the moderation of this platform is AI-based and using this tool or for that matter, any AI based tool would mean to feed it a set of rules at first, and then it'll learn along the way.
One challenge with moderation always would be that the human intervention would be still required until the tool warms up.
U-Nice | Community Manager, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

After using this for a week or so now I think changes should be implemented at the "Engage" level without a user needing to do much further digging. One should not have to go any further imo to select their area of interest. It's there you should be able to select categories like X32 General Discussion (which for me ends up to be a 'tag' in the Producer/General area) X-Air General Discussion, Troubleshooting, M32 etc-all the old sub forums-which is how we all used to function. All the old specific forums end up as possible 'tags' now. I can bookmark these tags and that does work but the issue is, most (but not all) of the "new" posts go anywhere else but to those categories-so if I want to see what's current, I'm forced back through Producers/Mixing/General or whatever. I've found each section now to have different posts but not specific to a product or problem either. Organizationally, it's chaotic. Anyway, a few more of my 2 cents...I'm up to a dime now! I do like how the files and photos can be more easily uploaded, seems like it's faster with more bandwidth, also easier to make changes to ones account (although it appears that in some cases it doesn't "take") The potential is here but not in its present form...another few cents.

@u_nice wrote:
Apologises as the moderation of this platform is AI-based and using this tool or for that matter, any AI based tool would mean to feed it a set of rules at first, and then it'll learn along the way.
One challenge with moderation always would be that the human intervention would be still required until the tool warms up.

Thank you for your response, Eunice. If I get any further posts rejected, I shall try to discern if there is any pattern. 

Volunteer Moderator

@RexBeckett I am monitoring the spam quarantine at least once a day now, so any posts erroneously marked as spam will be released within a day.

@RexBeckett wrote:

@u_nice wrote:

Thank you for your response, Eunice. If I get any further posts rejected, I shall try to discern if there is any pattern. 

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

@Roblof wrote:

@RexBeckettI am monitoring the spam quarantine at least once a day now, so any posts erroneously marked as spam will be released within a day.

Thank you Robert.

@UliBehringer wrote:

So, how did you think an AI is a good way to manage a "community"? It's about *people*, isn't it?
In my expereince so far this "community" is a mess in so many different areas that it can't be blamed on machine learning algorithms.

(I can only imagine how bad Robert and Paul must feel after they've been working so hard to establish a strong  interactive community in the old forum over the years. Seeing the community they've been keeping together now being torn down by/for a stupid AI "solution" that doesn't do a single thing right.)

First, the whole concept of just using tags for a "community" around products without any further seperation of the products is nonsense, from the Human Intelligence perspective. You usually come here to either help or get help on the products you use. You don't want to first try to understand the workings of this place for weeks...

Second, there are so many technical issues besides this conceptual flaw. Some examples: It tooks days until I could get a new password for my old one didn't work anymore. I tried several times to post my thoughts in this thread (is it still a thread technically?) It didn't work once, everything I typed was lost. On Android I can't even search this forum. Everytime I tap the search field the soft keyboard pops up and disappears immediately after.
I could give many more examples but I'm afraid my writing will get lost again when I click the "Post" button...

So, after all, I guess the best thing to do is: Re-enable the old forum. Work on this new stuff until it works. Then thoroughly test it with forum "residents" involved. Then, maybe, make the switch.

This thing - as it is for 10 (?) days now - is going to make you lose users, lose connection to your customers and will do only harm for no good reasons.

Kind regards,
Felix

I suspect the main reason they switched to this forum format is because they wanted something with a fresher look, LIKE buttons and other modern features; all of which is good but they chose to buy a third party forum product because making something like that in house is not trivial.  Who knows the management decisions that went into choosing a third party solution but here we are.

personally to me it feels like a square peg into a round hole, it’s not the right product.  They might be able to massage it into something suitable eventually by constraining the tags in some way but we shall see.  I agree, I find no enjoyment coming to the forum now and probably will only come when I have a technical question I need answered, and will probably by answered by one of the excellent mods anyway.

they could divide up the forum into product related sub groups and that would help a lot also

Perhaps others already know or have done this but-It seems that the subscriptions area can be used as somewhat of  a 'shortcut' to get to the threads you participate or have an interest in. Although it's still not the solution for better organization, it can help to a degree. I myself have sometimes had great difficulty getting back to a thread I am involved in or responded to. I always like to follow these along the way for several obvious reasons. Now I have to stumble around from area to area and often I give up before I get back to it, and it has been more than frustrating. If you go to the user icon top right, choose the 'my subsciptions' area you can set it up to work for you under 'notifications settings' both general and email-then navigate through them in the first, 'my subscriptions' column. I find it helps a bit...for now at least.

EDIT: And on a related area, who is Benson? and why is he editing my posts, or posts I participated in? I'm sure he comes from an upstanding and fine family. Is he AI, Siri's cousin? Alexa's bo? Cortana's son?