Musician

Highlighted

Bugs on MS 101

Contributor - Level 1

Found some heavy bugs on my new MS-101.

Midi in over Midi Din jacks doesnt work. Tryed all 16 chanels over diferent devices. 

No reaction.

CV gate in works in a proper way as long you dont hit a key of the keyboard, then it playes strange sounds. you have to reboot it and then it works till you hit another key...

velocity out dowsnt send aout a voltage.

the sequencer in Keyboard mode doesnt transpose the sequence. ive done it like in the beringer video. it was well ecplained and it dowsnt work.

hope ther will be a update soon. I will test the other features later.

i belive i. this product because it sounds great. but this bugs are dramatic.

also a nice to have would be to have the same trigger funtions over the cv trigger in like in the original 101 . each external trigger will skip a note from the sequencer . this is a keyfeature in the original 101 and makes the 101 so famous, but in the MS this is not realised... hope this comes too.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bugs on MS 101

Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

even my MS-101 have some problems! Midi in over Midi Din jacks doesnt work, it's seems that not recive note on/off, becouse I tried to connect an external synth to the midi in and the MS-101 recive the signal, it's very strange!

Only works with the USB port, but doesent recive sync from the DAW.

Please solve this problems as soon as possible, becouse, the sound It's good!!!

Thanks.

Gionata.

Contributor - Level 1

Following - i want one but the midi in and transpose issue is are a deal breaker for me now.

Triber Moderator

Hi guys,

a colleague just got his MS 101 delivered this morning , so i loaned it and can confirm the issue on our unit too.

I've passed this on to the synth development team and update this thread once i have more infos regarding this.

Best regards,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

Contributor - Level 1

I just received my MS-101 today, and while the sound is absolutely gorgeous, I too have a unit with non-working MIDI:

The 101 does not react to MIDI notes via the DIN MIDI in but I can use the arpeggiator locally; it receives notes via USB MIDI though, but then the arpeggiator is not working.

At gearslutz, Uli B. promised a firmware fix "soon", but I´d really like to know how soon that "soon" will be as otherwise, I´d want to return my unit to the store while I can (which would be a shame). @TC-Mike You might want to check in this direction.

Cheers!

epiphaneia

Triber Moderator

HI Epiphaneia,

i got in contact with the Firmware developement team and will update the topic, once it have any news.

cheers,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

Triber Moderator

i checked Gearlutz and indeed this seems to be a confirmed bug, with a fix already in the works  

ms101 uli statement.PNGgearslutzms101.PNG

Contributor - Level 1

Could you be so kind as to inquire when that fix would be made available? (seeing that Uli´s also talking about making it available to affected users first before posting it publicly) 

Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors