Contributor - Level 2

Dn9630 waves

Hi. Does anyone know if you could use the dn9630 together with Midas Pro to use live plugins executed on a pc or mac? Would it be too much latency? Someone has tried?
Thanks!

CristianRey Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-01

2019-11-01

Dn9630 waves

Hi. Does anyone know if you could use the dn9630 together with Midas Pro to use live plugins executed on a pc or mac? Would it be too much latency? Someone has tried?
Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: Dn9630 waves

Hi Cristian ( @CristianRey ), 

Welcome to the community. Since you mention "waves" I assume you're asking about Multirack? I suspect the latency would be too high but it would be worth a test.  You might be able to get away with it for FOH but I can't imagine it working for IEMs and monitors. Then again, I seldom use FX/Plugins in monitor mixes anyway. 

Here's a post on the subject: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Mixing/WAVES-Multirack-integration-with-PRO-Series-Experiences-a...

But, the DN9650 is 6X the cost of the DN9630 plus you'd need a Dante software license for the DAW computer.  This alone makes the DN9630 testing worth a shot. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you very much for your answer. This is my question was to use multirack. Maybe I would like to use some reverbs and some c6 in the master but I don't know ... I have seen the "etherface" that I suppose will be much better option especially in terms of latency but it is much more expensive

Etherface:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L38zkDgWtq8

Valued Contributor - Level 2

@CristianRey 

Hi Cristian, 

The Etherface looks like a less expensive solution than the DN9650 and since that demo shows it working I'd probably consider that as a backup to the DN9630 if testing doesn't go well.   Either way you are looking at purchasing a Waves MultiRack Native license.  

In my setup, I run MultiRack SoundGrid on a Impact DSP server along with an X-WSG Card in an X32 Rack.  With the Midas Pro you'd need the last configuration Mark talks about in his video which would be the most expensive option for you.  I already had the X32 Rack and Impact DSP so for me it was only the MultiRack license and the X-WSG card, which I bought as a bundle. 

You may want to reach out to Mark Payne to see what his thoughts are on the DN9630. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver