Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

IO Routing on FoH / Monitor split with 2 DL16

Hi,

I only have one question. I would like to use an M32 as FoH Console, 2x DL16 as Stagebox and an M32R Live as monitor desk. As described everywhere, I stated that the M32 at FoH place is on internal synergization and on the monitor place AES50 (A). The Foh console is connected from AES50 A to the first DL16 AES50 A. The first DL16 from AES50 B to the second DL16 in AES50 A and from the second DL16 AES50 B to the monitor desk AES50 A

The synchronization is ok.

The input routing on both consoles is AES50 A 1-32.

My problem is now, I see the input signal on channel 1 on the FOH. This is not visible on the monitor. Instead, I see a signal on the monitor on channels 15 and 16, 31 and 32 when I turn up the master on the FoH.

Please explain to me how I can switch this off and how I can properly route the outputs. From FoH I need 5 outputs (PA L&R, Subs (Mono), Nearfield L&R). At the monitor station I need 9 outputs for monitoring or in-ear systems.

Why don't I see the right input signals on the monitor?

All consoles are on firmware 4.02.

Thanks in advance

FrankReichel76 Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-14

2020-05-14

IO Routing on FoH / Monitor split with 2 DL16

Hi,

I only have one question. I would like to use an M32 as FoH Console, 2x DL16 as Stagebox and an M32R Live as monitor desk. As described everywhere, I stated that the M32 at FoH place is on internal synergization and on the monitor place AES50 (A). The Foh console is connected from AES50 A to the first DL16 AES50 A. The first DL16 from AES50 B to the second DL16 in AES50 A and from the second DL16 AES50 B to the monitor desk AES50 A

The synchronization is ok.

The input routing on both consoles is AES50 A 1-32.

My problem is now, I see the input signal on channel 1 on the FOH. This is not visible on the monitor. Instead, I see a signal on the monitor on channels 15 and 16, 31 and 32 when I turn up the master on the FoH.

Please explain to me how I can switch this off and how I can properly route the outputs. From FoH I need 5 outputs (PA L&R, Subs (Mono), Nearfield L&R). At the monitor station I need 9 outputs for monitoring or in-ear systems.

Why don't I see the right input signals on the monitor?

All consoles are on firmware 4.02.

Thanks in advance

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 1

Re: IO Routing on FoH / Monitor split with 2 DL16

@FrankReichel76 

You should not interconnect the monitor board from the DL16 B port-that port is only meant for other stageboxes. The Monitor M32 will not get inputs properly and can't send through the B port in the other direction. Better connect the 2 consoles together directly from one port and connect the DL16's to the monitor M32 using the other free port. You can then forward any of those inputs to FOH from the monitor desk.

EDIT:   FOH M32 B<>A Mon M32 B<>A DL16#1 B<>A DL16 #2

The DL16 B port can only forward aes50 outputs, and those being dictated from a master mixer. It can not forward its inputs. The result is the M32 or any mixer if connected to the DL B port, will get whatever the FOH mixer used for its aes50 output routing menu. If you had aes50a 1-32 for the Mon inputs for instance it will probably see FOH out 1-8, FOH out 9-16, FOH out 1-8 again and FOH out 9-16 again. (the default aes50 output 1-32 routing)

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@FrankReichel76 

Hello Frank, welcome to the community.

As you have the system configured, the monitor console will not receive the stagebox inputs directly. It will only receive the outputs from the FOH console that are routed to AES50-A.

It would be better to configure the system like this:

M32 AES50B <--> AES50A M32R AES50B <--> AES50A DL16 AES50B <--> AES50A DL16

The M32R will receive all inputs from the stageboxes on AES50B and can forward them to the M32 on AES50A. The M32 can send its outputs to the M32R on AES50B where they, and the local monitor mixes, can be sent to the stageboxes on AES50B.

Edit: You beat me this time, Gary @GaryHiggins 

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 1

@RexBeckett 
Must be a first!!

Edit: You beat me this time, Gary @GaryHiggins 

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.