Contributor - Level 1

Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50 Ethercon shielding/continuity and X32/S32

Hello. I've read from lots of places (including musictribe community) that the Cat5e cable used with X32/S32 AES50 needs to be cat5e shielded, and there needs to be continuity from the Ethercon connector outer shell to other Ethercon connector outer shell. So I have the Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50, which is the Behringer recommended cable for X32 / S32 stagebox AES50 usage, and it seems there is *NO* continuity from the Ethercon shell to Ethercon shell. Is it likely I've messed up the measurement somehow, or I have a faulty cable, or.. ? It seems to work OK, even though there is not continuity on the (outer) shell of the Ethercon connectors.. Thanks!
pasik Contributor - Level 1 2019-07-18

2019-07-18

Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50 Ethercon shielding/continuity and X32/S32

Hello. I've read from lots of places (including musictribe community) that the Cat5e cable used with X32/S32 AES50 needs to be cat5e shielded, and there needs to be continuity from the Ethercon connector outer shell to other Ethercon connector outer shell. So I have the Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50, which is the Behringer recommended cable for X32 / S32 stagebox AES50 usage, and it seems there is *NO* continuity from the Ethercon shell to Ethercon shell. Is it likely I've messed up the measurement somehow, or I have a faulty cable, or.. ? It seems to work OK, even though there is not continuity on the (outer) shell of the Ethercon connectors.. Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Triber Contributor

Re: Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50 Ethercon shielding/continuity and X32/S32

Hi pasik,

If you've taken a multi-meter and not getting continuity between the two ethercon shells, there is likely an issue relating to the reel's shielding, effectively behaving like an unshielded cable. Did you recently purchase the NCAT5E-50M?

You can contact our Care support team here

Chase McKnight, Solutions Manager
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50 Ethercon shielding/continuity and X32/S32

This specific NCAT5E-50M was bought around one year ago, but only used once after that. I used multi-meter to check and there's no continuity from the ethercon shell to ethercon shell. I guess I'll contact support.