Contributor - Level 2

M32 DL15x integration

Hi all, what is the level of integration between the M* console series & the DL15* series I/o?

Do all pre-amp controls from the work surface (gain, +48, polarity), work as per the DL16 & 32 units, and importantly, does this level of integration carry through to the M32C being controllled via the edit app or iOS app?

Thanks in advance

Mikelongmire Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-13

2020-01-13

M32 DL15x integration

Hi all, what is the level of integration between the M* console series & the DL15* series I/o?

Do all pre-amp controls from the work surface (gain, +48, polarity), work as per the DL16 & 32 units, and importantly, does this level of integration carry through to the M32C being controllled via the edit app or iOS app?

Thanks in advance

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber Contributor

Re: M32 DL15x integration

Hi @Mikelongmire 

As @GaryHiggins said, the DL15x I/O boxes work just like the DL16 & DL32 with the exception of daisy-chaining and operating at 44.1kHz. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Rising Star - Level 2

@MikelongmireHey Mike IF the DL "blue" stageboxes in question are able to operate at 48K-and some models may also need firmware updates to be recognized-they will work with the M32 series mixers including all the areas you are concerned about (pretty sure). The drawback if there is one is you can't daisy chain these with other Music Group stageboxes like the S/SD/DL16/32. The additional aes50 ports on the 150 series are meant for redundant use with Pro series mixers, not pass through. @ChaseMcKnight is really the guy to ask-he would know for sure.

Triber Contributor

Hi @Mikelongmire 

As @GaryHiggins said, the DL15x I/O boxes work just like the DL16 & DL32 with the exception of daisy-chaining and operating at 44.1kHz. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

G’day @GaryHiggins , I had an inkling that (daisychaining), was the case. I regularly use the blue  DL’s  with a Pro6, but it is a rare day I get time to experiment with the sort of thing my my query was aimed at.

I own an M32r / DL16 combo, but am toying with the idea of getting rid of the M32, grabing an M32C and going down the LV1 route (I have a licence and use it regularly but am leaning towards a commitment). The DL15x may’ve given me a little extra in 96k hire opportunities but I don’t think it is worth the extra cash, carry & cabling.

I’m leaning towards M32C, DL32, SD8 & a single DP48 which, though I’ve not used (nor even seen) one, looks as though it may be quite a useful ancillary device in addition to its primary mon purpose.

Many thanks for your reply.

Best regards
Mike Longmire

Contributor - Level 2

Many thanks @ChaseMcKnight , good info quickly!

Best Regards