Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

M32R+DL16+DP48

Hi,

I have a little issue with connecting the DP48 to the M32R.

If I connect the DP48 direct to my M32R console through the AES50 A or B port, The channel names and collors are displayed on the screen of the DP48. But when I connect the DP48 on the DL16 Snake the collors and names aren't displayed.  Please Help

NicodeBoer Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-11

2020-02-11

M32R+DL16+DP48

Hi,

I have a little issue with connecting the DP48 to the M32R.

If I connect the DP48 direct to my M32R console through the AES50 A or B port, The channel names and collors are displayed on the screen of the DP48. But when I connect the DP48 on the DL16 Snake the collors and names aren't displayed.  Please Help

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: M32R+DL16+DP48

Hi Nico @NicodeBoer ,

Welcome to the forum. When was the last time you updated the firmware of the DL16? What firmware version does the DP48 have (shows on the bootup screen)?

:edit: I just setup the DP48 connected through one of my SD8 and it is as you describe. There had been discussion about providing a firmware update for the stageboxes to allow the scribble strip data to pass through. Evidently that did not happen. If you need to have the channel names and color to the DP48, you will need to feed them with a separate AES50 and not daisy chained to the stagebox(s).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Paul,

The DL16 firmware is 2.4 and the DP48 is 1.2.

As a work around I do connect the DP48 to the AES50 B Port of my console but unfortunately had to use two long Cat cables instemde of ome short and one long one.

Do hou also know by chance whether this problem Will occur if I later connect a HUB 4 to my DL16?

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@NicodeBoer wrote:

Do hou also know by chance whether this problem Will occur if I later connect a HUB 4 to my DL16?

The current firmware for the Hub4 (which is yet to be released) is doing the same thing as the daisy chain configuration. Hopefully we will get this figured out before the Hub4 is available to the general public.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!