Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Midas Pro1 with stagebox

Hi there!

I am in the process of buying a Pro1.

I have the following questions:

1. Can i use the DL32 stagebox with it?

2. Is there any difference in sound quality between DL32 and DL153 (or any of the blue ones)?

Thanks a lot!

LaurMorun Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-21

2020-01-21

Midas Pro1 with stagebox

Hi there!

I am in the process of buying a Pro1.

I have the following questions:

1. Can i use the DL32 stagebox with it?

2. Is there any difference in sound quality between DL32 and DL153 (or any of the blue ones)?

Thanks a lot!

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Midas Pro1 with stagebox

@LaurMorun I don't think the Pro 1 can run at 48K which is the highest clock rate the DL32 can be set for, so if not it won't work. You need the Blue series Midas boxes which run at 96K. As to sound quality, the preamps are supposed to be the same Midas Pro series so they should sound the same but I have never used any Blue series stagebox at 96k.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @LaurMorun 

Our Pro Series range (and HD) only operates at 96kHz. So as @GaryHiggins said, you will need a 'Blue box' unit, i.e. DL25x, DL231, DL15x, etc. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@LaurMorun I don't think the Pro 1 can run at 48K which is the highest clock rate the DL32 can be set for, so if not it won't work. You need the Blue series Midas boxes which run at 96K. As to sound quality, the preamps are supposed to be the same Midas Pro series so they should sound the same but I have never used any Blue series stagebox at 96k.

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @LaurMorun 

Our Pro Series range (and HD) only operates at 96kHz. So as @GaryHiggins said, you will need a 'Blue box' unit, i.e. DL25x, DL231, DL15x, etc. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

Contributor - Level 1

Thanks a lot, guys! @ChaseMcKnight @GaryHiggins