Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Midas m32 multitrack

I have reaper on mac! And when i connect usb2.0 to mac it shows dn32- usb. I can playback a multitrack from reaper but i cant record a multitrack. Please tell me the steps to patch it in reaper. So i can reacord multitrack.

Preet_1608 Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-24

2020-03-24

Midas m32 multitrack

I have reaper on mac! And when i connect usb2.0 to mac it shows dn32- usb. I can playback a multitrack from reaper but i cant record a multitrack. Please tell me the steps to patch it in reaper. So i can reacord multitrack.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Midas m32 multitrack

@Preet_1608 wrote:

I can playback a multitrack from reaper but i cant record a multitrack. Please tell me the steps to patch it in reaper. So i can reacord multitrack.

Since you can playback from Reaper to the M32, you have the DN32-USB working correctly. There are many excellent tutorials on how to setup Reaper for multi-track recording - just googling "setup reaper for multi tracking" provided me 1.7M results. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I suggest you download the M32-Edit, its easier to look at. Attached is my setting on recording on an SD-Card. But you can change the setting to Playback USB-Interface and whenever you are recording, change the Channel Routing to Recording. If you want to playback change Channel Routing to Playback. You can also choose the USB-Interface to determine how many ins and outs you want to assign in your DAW. If you are recording on a SD-card it will record only one wav file but its multi-channel. If you import it on your DAW it will automaticaly create 32 channels(or whatever you set on your SD-Recording option).

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

in Reaper you need to create 32 tracks of audio and assign them to your DN32 inputs. Here on 5:41 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6a1VvOQoVc