Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Midas pro1 sharing stageboxes with behringer x32

I am wondering if I can use a Midas pro 1 and share stageboxes with a Behringer X32 and if so which stageboxes would work better the Midas or Behringer X32 ,thanks

Anthony Proctor
Unkle1 Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-20

2019-09-20

Midas pro1 sharing stageboxes with behringer x32

I am wondering if I can use a Midas pro 1 and share stageboxes with a Behringer X32 and if so which stageboxes would work better the Midas or Behringer X32 ,thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber Contributor

Re: Midas pro1 sharing stageboxes with behringer x32

Hi @Unkle1 

Short answer is: Yes it's possible to share signal -- though not directly.

The PRO Series operates at 96kHz where the X/M32 series operates up to 48kHz. To bidirectionally share signal between the two formats you'll need a sample rate converter, which would be a Klark Teknik DN9650 and a KT-AES50 card installed. 

You'd be able to connect the consoles together with the DN9650 in between. In an ideal world, you'd have the Pro1 connected to a PRO Series stage box (the Midas "blue" boxes) operating at 96kHz and then send that signal down-sampled to an X32 rather using a Behringer stage box and having the signal up-sampled to 96kHz. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @Unkle1 

I'm not sure if we have a video for this but I'd be happy to walk you through it. Essentually you just need to configure the AES50 ports on the Pro1 to tell it you have two DL153 I/O boxes connected then patch their inputs and outputs. Before anything else, you should probably run the firmware updater and make sure the console and the DL153s are on the same firmware. 

Because of the many ways of configuring the DL153s to your specific requirements it may be easier for you to call me. I can also help walk you through the update process if you haven't done it before. 

My direct number is (702) 842-9364. 

Chase McKnight | Solutions Manager, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

Triber Contributor

Hi @Unkle1 

Short answer is: Yes it's possible to share signal -- though not directly.

The PRO Series operates at 96kHz where the X/M32 series operates up to 48kHz. To bidirectionally share signal between the two formats you'll need a sample rate converter, which would be a Klark Teknik DN9650 and a KT-AES50 card installed. 

You'd be able to connect the consoles together with the DN9650 in between. In an ideal world, you'd have the Pro1 connected to a PRO Series stage box (the Midas "blue" boxes) operating at 96kHz and then send that signal down-sampled to an X32 rather using a Behringer stage box and having the signal up-sampled to 96kHz. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Not to disturb you but can you or do you have any video or manual information on how to properly set up (2) Midas dl153 stageboxes to Midas pro 1 if using as for monitors and Fog thanks 

Anthony Proctor
Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @Unkle1 

I'm not sure if we have a video for this but I'd be happy to walk you through it. Essentually you just need to configure the AES50 ports on the Pro1 to tell it you have two DL153 I/O boxes connected then patch their inputs and outputs. Before anything else, you should probably run the firmware updater and make sure the console and the DL153s are on the same firmware. 

Because of the many ways of configuring the DL153s to your specific requirements it may be easier for you to call me. I can also help walk you through the update process if you haven't done it before. 

My direct number is (702) 842-9364. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Anthony Proctor