Contributor - Level 1

Monitoring with M32 Talkback Struggle

Hi Guys,

I need to get a monitoring setup working.
We use a M32 at FoH and one M32 at MoH. There are 4 Stereo In Ears and 2 Mono ones.
The Problem is: I need to hear the Talkback from foh all the time, when iam listen back to the different in ear mixes.

Does anyone know how to route correctly?

Thanks in advance! 

MoritzVin Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-27

2019-11-27

Monitoring with M32 Talkback Struggle

Hi Guys,

I need to get a monitoring setup working.
We use a M32 at FoH and one M32 at MoH. There are 4 Stereo In Ears and 2 Mono ones.
The Problem is: I need to hear the Talkback from foh all the time, when iam listen back to the different in ear mixes.

Does anyone know how to route correctly?

Thanks in advance! 

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Monitoring with M32 Talkback Struggle

So just to confirm...

You have an M32 at monitors running 4x stereo + 2x mono buses (total of 10 buses.)
You have another M32 at FOH with a TB mic that presumably sends back to the monitor console and makes it into the IEMs, so you can talk directly to the talent from FOH.

You, at the FOH console, with the TB mic in your hand, want to be able to listen to those monitor mixes being produced from the monitor console, and hear your own TB mic in those mixes.

Is that correct?

Do you already have the monitoring @ FOH of the monitor mixes set up?

Are you running fw v3 or v4 on the consoles?

How many channels passing each way between the consoles? (eg 24 channels from monitor console to FOH, 2 mains + 2tr iPod back from FOH to monitors.)

Contributor - Level 1

No. We got a FoH Soundengineer with a m32 and iam the Monitor Guy. 
From my Desk of view there is no problem talking to the Band. 
But i need to comunicate with the FoH guy. Thats why we are running a Intercom Line. The Band is on in Ear, so iam on in ears the whole time too. On whatever mix iam on the console i Need to have the talkback from FoH Open. 

is ist possible ? 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Oh. Good thing we checked.

Assuming you want the FOH TB signal routed *only* to your ears, not the band's on stage:

It can be done with an analogue loopback for your monitor console's solo bus, assuming you've got 3 aux channels spare and aren't using the monitor console's LR bus.

TB signal from FOH comes into monitor console's aux1 via AES50 remap (FOH console will need to stage this appropraitely.)
Analogue loopback from monitor console's solo bus outs into monitor console's spare stereo aux channel.
Aux channels containing solo + FOH TB signals routed to monitor console's LR bus.
Monitor console's LR bus routed to a couple of outputs, feed your IEMs from these outputs.

The FOH console's TB signal will be always in your LR bus, so you can always hear it. Whatever IEM mix you solo will go out of the console's dedicated solo sockets (headphone and XLR\TRS on the rear of the console, back in to spare aux channels, then into the LR bus where it joins FOH's TB signal, so you've got the monitor mix you're soloing with the TB signal. The LR signal then goes to a couple of physical outputs, and you feed your IEMs from those output sockets.