Contributor - Level 1

Mount DL32 so I/O side is opposite rack ears

Hello!

Currently building IEM rack. We'll be using an analog rackmount split.  Would be ideal if the I/O of the DL32 could face the rear of the analog rackmount split, inside the rack, so that the MONS 32 ch tail from the split wouldn't have to be routed around through to the front of the DL32's side of the rack.

Has anyone ever done this?  I'm hoping it's a matter of unscrewing and flipping the rack ears panels from the sides of the box to the opposite.  But I'm willing to fabricate / drill holes if necessary. Couldn't find a disassembly / maintence diagram of this box online.

aspillz Contributor - Level 1 2019-12-26

2019-12-26

Mount DL32 so I/O side is opposite rack ears

Hello!

Currently building IEM rack. We'll be using an analog rackmount split.  Would be ideal if the I/O of the DL32 could face the rear of the analog rackmount split, inside the rack, so that the MONS 32 ch tail from the split wouldn't have to be routed around through to the front of the DL32's side of the rack.

Has anyone ever done this?  I'm hoping it's a matter of unscrewing and flipping the rack ears panels from the sides of the box to the opposite.  But I'm willing to fabricate / drill holes if necessary. Couldn't find a disassembly / maintence diagram of this box online.

Rock Star - Level 1

Re: Mount DL32 so I/O side is opposite rack ears

Hi Andy ( @aspillz ), 

welcome to the community.  I would hope that the rack ear mounting holes are symetrical so you could flip the ears around and mount the unit backwards.  But, if that's not the case, you should be able to attach some rack extenders to the front rails that would allow you to mount it backwards.   I'll edit my post when I can locate some that will fit. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver