Contributor - Level 1

S16 direct out problem

We just arrived in Norway to headline a festival. The organizers provided an X32 Compact and two S16s. We're having trouble getting everything configured, even though we brought and loaded the appropriate scene with us.

The issue seems to be that one of the S16s is passing input directly to output wthout seemingly any ability of the X32 to stop this from happening. We've turned off absolutely everything --- all faders are off on all inputs, effects, busses, etc.

We're thinking there must be some way to configure the S16 to do directly I/O but we can't figure out how to turn that off.

Suggestions would be really welcomed....

Thanks

D

dhjdhj Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-07

2019-08-07

S16 direct out problem

We just arrived in Norway to headline a festival. The organizers provided an X32 Compact and two S16s. We're having trouble getting everything configured, even though we brought and loaded the appropriate scene with us.

The issue seems to be that one of the S16s is passing input directly to output wthout seemingly any ability of the X32 to stop this from happening. We've turned off absolutely everything --- all faders are off on all inputs, effects, busses, etc.

We're thinking there must be some way to configure the S16 to do directly I/O but we can't figure out how to turn that off.

Suggestions would be really welcomed....

Thanks

D

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: S16 direct out problem

Hi David @dhjdhj ,

Welcome to the forum.

* Make sure the two S16's are in mode 1 and 2 (respectively) - see documentation.

* On the Routing, AES50 (A or B) depending on which port is connected to the X32, make sure the assignments are not AES50 (A or B) respectively. In other words, if the AES50 cable is plugged into the X32 A port and the AES50 A1-8 is assigned to the first bank of the Routing, AES50 A, that will make those inputs go right back out to the outputs (for an S16 in mode 1).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 1

Re: S16 direct out problem

Thanks so much for quick response - we'll check that first thing in the morning D