Contributor - Level 2

Virtual sound check levels and more

Hello everyone!

I've managed to record 32 channels and route them back to the x32.

but I have some issues with that:

the sound from the pc is louder than the real player so I don't really have a reference and way to mix the sound before the band actually on the stage...

maybe I'm missing something on the routing??

thanks in advance!

sasi Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-10

2019-09-10

Virtual sound check levels and more

Hello everyone!

I've managed to record 32 channels and route them back to the x32.

but I have some issues with that:

the sound from the pc is louder than the real player so I don't really have a reference and way to mix the sound before the band actually on the stage...

maybe I'm missing something on the routing??

thanks in advance!

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Virtual sound check levels and more

? Real player. How do you have it routed? Probably best to post your scene so we can see how it's set now. Some obvious possibilities are those related to your card out settings.

Contributor - Level 2

thanks @GaryHiggins 

here is my routing of the virtual sound check Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 0.43.14.png

and here is my combined routing 'Real player' and Sound check:

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 0.47.43.png

the card output is the Card output tab

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 0.50.44.png

@sasi Im not understanding how real player is used here exactly-is it used like a daw?. Not clear on other settings except for the card out either. Card out looks correct, at least for using your local xlr nputs.Typically, the routing for 'record' and 'playback' are set differently, and if "automatic" is set for the X-Live card they change when you hit record or play without you having to change them each state. You didn't show the playback settings here. They would usually be 'card 1-32' in groups of 8 and I assume that's what you use.. Usually record is set up to use ALL local ch's as seen partly in your second pic but you only have ch 1-8 set. It looks like ch's 9-32 would record incoming playback tracks 9-32 from a daw instead of local. Also I see you have aux remap set for aux 1 and 2  WHEN playback is used, that would be typical for having set your daw tracks to ALL output a certain pair of ch's. It's possible this is the real player volume? If so the issue may be aux 1 and 2 which could be set balance wise as louder than the card ins. You should be able to adjust aux ch 1 and 2 with the faders to get balance. It still would be best to post your scene to get the whole picture.

Contributor - Level 2

Firstly thanks for your help

Real player is the drummer.

Will try to cancel the Aux 1 &2 inputs maybe it will help

@sasiIf real player is the drummer, 8 tracks of drum ch's going to a daw?... then the other recorded tracks should be local 9-32 in groups of 8 instead of card 9-32. That would put real player ch 1-8 on the first 8 X-Live tracks and X32 local ch's 9-17, 17-24 and 25-32 on Xlive tracks 9-32. When you playback from x-live the x-live PLAYBACK routing settings should be Card 1-32 in groups of 8. That should give you playback of real player recorded tracks on mixer ch 1-8 and the rest on mixer cn 9-32. You could leave aux remap alone but just pull down the faders on aux ch 1 and 2. Hope I'm in the right town

Contributor - Level 2

You're in the right town😁

English is not my first language..

Will try to explain my self in a better way.

I've record the band.

I route the recoded tracks to the mixer from the card and make the sound check (aux1&2 are silenced)

But there's a difference between the input gain from the recordings and the real band.

It's louder than the actual band on the same channels when I change the routing to feed from the mixer blocks 1-8 

Highlighted

OK this may be an issue with the original tap point for recording.The daw playback ch uses a trim and the same live ch uses gain if the recorded tracks are louder you might try lowering the trim. If you save your scene and then in the bottom left of your post, where it says "Browse" find that saved scene and open it. When you post your scene will post. Hard to see what the issue/routing might be otherwise.