Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

WING won't boot up properly.

I was updating our Wing, and I started a power cycle after the drives were ejected, and the board will no longer boot up with screens and lights. The board itself is on and a few light show up but that's it. Any suggestions on what I did wrong and how to fix it?

Dom216 Contributor - Level 1 2020-04-05

2020-04-05

WING won't boot up properly.

I was updating our Wing, and I started a power cycle after the drives were ejected, and the board will no longer boot up with screens and lights. The board itself is on and a few light show up but that's it. Any suggestions on what I did wrong and how to fix it?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

Re: WING won't boot up properly.

@Dom216 

Hello, sorry to hear this. I would first try reinstalling the old firmware file (remove the latest file version on your virtual drive for now) That may get you back. I would then double check that the newest file downloaded is not corrupt or downloaded correctly and try it again. 

I believe the Wing automatically uses the most recent firmware file so make sure the one presently in question is not available to load up.

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@Dom216 

Hello, sorry to hear this. I would first try reinstalling the old firmware file (remove the latest file version on your virtual drive for now) That may get you back. I would then double check that the newest file downloaded is not corrupt or downloaded correctly and try it again. 

I believe the Wing automatically uses the most recent firmware file so make sure the one presently in question is not available to load up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Dom216 wrote:

I was updating our Wing, and I started a power cycle after the drives were ejected, and the board will no longer boot up with screens and lights. 

Which firmware did you upgrade from and which method did you use to upgrade (there are 2 methods)?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

This worked. I removed the newest version and placed the original version back into the drive. The board rebooted and was working properly. I then redownloaded the newest version of the firmware and placed it in the drive and placed the old version in a separate archive folder. I am thinking my mistake was not taking the firmware out of the folder it came in and the PDF guide was still in that download folder. Thanks for the help. 

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@Dom216 

Now that you have V1.06, you can (as @Paul_Vannatto  was referring to) use a thumb drive to update the firmware from the top usb port. We all get a chance to try that out come V1.07 when it arrives! Glad you are back in business!