Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Wing Tags for DCA & Mute Groups

Hi everyone,

I'm working on my new wing and I find something "strange" in workflow.

Today I started  assigning channels to DCAs and MUTE GROUPs to complete my new scene.

Every time I assign a channel to DCA and MG, automaticly a tag was create to indicate that ch. n. is now assigned to those DCA or MG, and that's ok!

After that I have to change the name of both DCA and MG and ....all the channels I previously assigned to them losed their assignment  instead of changing automatically tags name. So I have to recall all my channels individually, delete the previous tag (with the old name of DCA or MG) and reassign them to the "new" DCA and MG.

Now, I think that this may be a sort of bug, because it is absolutely not good during a performance.

I hope this communication can help to improve the performance of this splendid console

Paulin Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-24

2020-02-24

Wing Tags for DCA & Mute Groups

Hi everyone,

I'm working on my new wing and I find something "strange" in workflow.

Today I started  assigning channels to DCAs and MUTE GROUPs to complete my new scene.

Every time I assign a channel to DCA and MG, automaticly a tag was create to indicate that ch. n. is now assigned to those DCA or MG, and that's ok!

After that I have to change the name of both DCA and MG and ....all the channels I previously assigned to them losed their assignment  instead of changing automatically tags name. So I have to recall all my channels individually, delete the previous tag (with the old name of DCA or MG) and reassign them to the "new" DCA and MG.

Now, I think that this may be a sort of bug, because it is absolutely not good during a performance.

I hope this communication can help to improve the performance of this splendid console

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: Wing Tags for DCA & Mute Groups

@Paulin I hadn't run across that yet. Yes it seems that a name change should be included and automatic. I didn't realize the tags were automatically assigned either. I thought I had added them since I had added several for other reasons! To be honest I am not really seeing the whole tag thing anyway. I am still learning new stuff every day and glad to be doing so...with much yet to digest! It's an exciting piece of equipment!

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wing Tags for DCA & Mute Groups

Hi Paolo @Paulin ,

Welcome to the forum. The developers are aware of this issue. Until it is changed, I would suggest you rename the DCA's and mutegroups first, then assign them to the channels. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!