Contributor - Level 2

X32 Rack channels glitching

hello everyone,

I'm happy to join this community

I'm a sound engineer for a small touring band in Ghana. I recently (1 month ago) purchased an X32 Rack mixer as an upgrade from my old XR18 mixer- which I've used for about 2 years now.

Upon using my new mixer for the very first time, I noticed some glitches with some of the mic pres- specifically;

channels 1- 8: they repeatedly come on and go off at randon and the phantom power indicator lights for these channels also randomly go on and off as well.

channel 9: does not seem to detect an signal input even with the gains maxed out

I've tried firmware undate and resetting to factory default setting several times but still experiencing the same problems; I've never experienced anything like this even with my old XR18 mixer

Does anyone here know what's going on with my new mixer?

I have contacted B&H in the US which is where I ordered this device from but I'm yet to get any response from them 

Victor
drizzler Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-25

2019-10-25

X32 Rack channels glitching

hello everyone,

I'm happy to join this community

I'm a sound engineer for a small touring band in Ghana. I recently (1 month ago) purchased an X32 Rack mixer as an upgrade from my old XR18 mixer- which I've used for about 2 years now.

Upon using my new mixer for the very first time, I noticed some glitches with some of the mic pres- specifically;

channels 1- 8: they repeatedly come on and go off at randon and the phantom power indicator lights for these channels also randomly go on and off as well.

channel 9: does not seem to detect an signal input even with the gains maxed out

I've tried firmware undate and resetting to factory default setting several times but still experiencing the same problems; I've never experienced anything like this even with my old XR18 mixer

Does anyone here know what's going on with my new mixer?

I have contacted B&H in the US which is where I ordered this device from but I'm yet to get any response from them 

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X32 Rack channels glitching

Hi Victor @drizzler , 

What you describe, it sounds like hardware failure. I would suggest you fill in a Care support ticket here. You should get an email with a case number (check spam folder, since it sometimes ends up there).

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

What kind of Ethernet cable are you using?

Contributor - Level 2

A shielded cat5 cable

I've used the same cable for my previous units but I've never had this problem

Victor
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Victor @drizzler 

Welcome to the forum. Are you seeing this happen on the front panel of the X32 Rack or one of the apps? If it is one of the apps, which one?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for your response Paul,

So the thing is that I see the glitches on the front pannel of the X32 rack, on my iPad app (X32 Mix) and on my PC (X32 edit)

The second time I used the mixer for a gig, drums and bass were plugged into the first 8 channels and then during sound check those channels just went out- I wasn't receiving any signals from all my drum mics and bass. So to be very sure I plugged those same mics with the same cables into channels 10 to 16 and they worked pefrectly. And when it happend like this, I'd have to reset the mixer to factor default before those channels (1 to 8) start to work for a while and then go off again.

Actually I have been using an X32 rack

I'll try to upload a short video to demonstrate what I'm talking about 

Victor
Volunteer Moderator

Hi Victor @drizzler , 

What you describe, it sounds like hardware failure. I would suggest you fill in a Care support ticket here. You should get an email with a case number (check spam folder, since it sometimes ends up there).

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks a lot Paul

Hardware failure is exactly what a dreaded

I already filled the care form, waiting for a response now

Thanks so much again for your help though.

Victor