Contributor - Level 1

X32 & X32 Rack

we have a x32 setup as front of house 

which a laptop is pluged via usb in to send sound effects in to the desk 

we have a x32 rack pluged in on aes50 A to A between rack and console 

how do I route the usb ausio in from the console to the rack for a mutil track recording on the rack ?

new to all this patching and digital desk work 
thanks  

SoundMonkey Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-12

2020-01-12

X32 & X32 Rack

we have a x32 setup as front of house 

which a laptop is pluged via usb in to send sound effects in to the desk 

we have a x32 rack pluged in on aes50 A to A between rack and console 

how do I route the usb ausio in from the console to the rack for a mutil track recording on the rack ?

new to all this patching and digital desk work 
thanks  

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: X32 & X32 Rack

Hi @SoundMonkey 

A couple of questions.

Which firmware are you running?

How many USB channels are you sending to the X32 Rack?

How many channels do you have free on the Rack?

Are you using Ultranet?

The reason I ask is up until version 4 firmware, signals were grouped in blocks of eight. There are way around this but knowing specifics helps us find a solution that works for your situation.

It may want to post the current scenes from each console to help us understand the scope of your setup

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

Contributor - Level 1

hi all x32 products are running v4.01 

usb channels 1&2 are going in to console 
aes50 to rack 
currently i can see/record all 32 inputs on rack but need to also record the usb audio from console 
we have less than 16 xlr inputs on console in use so theres at least 16 channels free if you like 
not using ultranet using aes50 between x32 console and rack  

Rising Star - Level 2

@SoundMonkey 

There are many way to do this. Since you're using firmware 4.01, we'll use channel mapping. We just need to put USB 1 & 2 onto the AES50-A bus using Routing:User Out. Are you sending anything else back to the Rack over the digital snake? 

On the Rack, we'll use Routing:User In to take that signal off the AES50 bus and assign it to a pair of channels. Since the User In is assigned in blocks of 8, you'll need to also assign the other 6 channels if you need to use those inputs. 

For an example of this type of routing, I made a video using channel mapping inputs and outputs between two consoles. It might give you an overview of this process. https://youtu.be/Vlrgr-7_7Xc 

Rising Star - Level 2

@SoundMonkey 

Here is a possiblilty:

FOH console:

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 7.20.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 7.21.08 PM.png

X32 Rack:

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 7.18.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 6.38.15 PM.png