Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

X32 v 4.0.2 with iPad?

Is anyone successfully using the v4 firmware with iPad control? I'm not seeing an update on the App Store to match the current firmware. 
I was hoping to use the soft patch feature on our upcoming tour but I'm afraid I'll break our system if I try and upgrade. 

Schmeckitup Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-27

2020-01-27

X32 v 4.0.2 with iPad?

Is anyone successfully using the v4 firmware with iPad control? I'm not seeing an update on the App Store to match the current firmware. 
I was hoping to use the soft patch feature on our upcoming tour but I'm afraid I'll break our system if I try and upgrade. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: X32 v 4.0.2 with iPad?

@Schmeckitup 

It follows the order of the mixer channels; It doesn't matter how they're soft patched. It's in banks of 8. 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32, Aux 1-8..

If you want custom layouts, regular updates, MIDI control, plus the ability to route, get Mixing Station. Although it's a paid app, it's very, very good.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@Schmeckitup 

The mixing part works fine. I haven't (and won't) try any type of routing with the iPad App. I would use either my computer running X32-Edit or Mixing Station to make any type of routing or assignment changes.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Understood. Will the order of channels in the iPad app reflect channel order created on the board though? We have some hard patched channels that would be great to visually reorder to make cue mixes make more sense. 

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@Schmeckitup 

It follows the order of the mixer channels; It doesn't matter how they're soft patched. It's in banks of 8. 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32, Aux 1-8..

If you want custom layouts, regular updates, MIDI control, plus the ability to route, get Mixing Station. Although it's a paid app, it's very, very good.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you! I'll look into it.