Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

XR18 USB Routing Question

My band runs backtracks live through a DAW for our performances. (Studio One 4 Pro) 
Is it possible to route track outputs from my daw, directly to the analog outputs on the XR18 through USB? And if i'm doing that, am I still able to use my analog outputs to mix monitors at the same time as i normally would? routing channels patched into the XR18 through the ipads UI? 

jonhaudio Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-11

2020-03-11

XR18 USB Routing Question

My band runs backtracks live through a DAW for our performances. (Studio One 4 Pro) 
Is it possible to route track outputs from my daw, directly to the analog outputs on the XR18 through USB? And if i'm doing that, am I still able to use my analog outputs to mix monitors at the same time as i normally would? routing channels patched into the XR18 through the ipads UI? 

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: XR18 USB Routing Question

@jonhaudio wrote:

Is it possible to route track outputs from my daw, directly to the analog outputs on the XR18 through USB?

Yes. Are you connecting, for example, a bass from the computer over USB to a bass amplifier?

And if i'm doing that, am I still able to use my analog outputs to mix monitors at the same time as i normally would? routing channels patched into the XR18 through the ipads UI? 

Only 1 source (mixbus, usb channel) can be connected to an Aux Out at one time. Each output can have a different source. Two sources can not be mixed ( without using a mixbus).

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly that! we need to run a Bass DI signal out to an amp, and a guitar DI signal out to an amp through two seperate analog outs. 
But from there, we also want to use it as a regular mixer and plug our microphones etc in and send them out the other analog outs which would be going to our in ears. This is where i'm wondering if it'll still work. 

Rock Star - Level 1

@jonhaudio 

You can use 2 outs for Direct outputs and the other 4 for monitors (or 3 and 3). Are you using the Main L & R outputs for the Main PA?