Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

dp48 routing PostEQ, PreFader, etc.

When extracting the signal from aes50, you cannot configure tap (Post EQ, Pre Fader, etc.)?

if I connect 2 s16 to the x32 for aes50-a and the dp48 to the s16 and configure aes50-a for 32 channels, I unconfigured the physical outputs of s16?

Are these doubts correct or am I missing something?

in short it is possible to get all the outputs in dp48 (including MixBus) without deconfiguring the physical outputs of the 2 s16 using only aes50-a? and tap points are possible?

Greetings.

oscar bergado
remix Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-05

2020-02-05

dp48 routing PostEQ, PreFader, etc.

When extracting the signal from aes50, you cannot configure tap (Post EQ, Pre Fader, etc.)?

if I connect 2 s16 to the x32 for aes50-a and the dp48 to the s16 and configure aes50-a for 32 channels, I unconfigured the physical outputs of s16?

in short it is possible to get all the outputs in dp48 (including MixBus) without deconfiguring the physical outputs of the 2 s16 using only aes50-a? and tap points are possible?

Greetings.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: dp48 routing PostEQ, PreFader, etc.

@remix wrote:

That would be accomplished during the staging of the individual signals (channels, buses, etc.) using the Out 1-16, Aux Out or Ultranet screens. They have the various taps.

Each AES50 feed can handle 48 channels bi-directional (in each direction). The 2 S16 will typically use the first 2 banks of 8 (for the 16 outputs) and if you are using P16 (via Ultranet), they will use the last 2 banks of 8. That leaves 2 banks of 8 (banks 3 and 4) in that AES50 stream. If you need/want more than that for the DP48 you will need to use a second AES50 cable from the console.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!