Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

fx to mon buss

I wont to send fx to my mon buss seperate from my foh mix, any help please .Thanks Charles          ( m32 )

charlesstrick Contributor - Level 3 2020-02-25

2020-02-25

fx to mon buss

I wont to send fx to my mon buss seperate from my foh mix, any help please .Thanks Charles          ( m32 )

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: fx to mon buss

@charlesstrick wrote:

Well that made my head spin., I need to be able to put fx on a buss as needed for iem's or on the channel if that makes it an easier route. I have fx slots open.  I just dont understand the route to get there . Thanks.

@charlesstrick 

The four main FX slots (1-4) are fed from Mixbuses 13-16. To send one or more channels to one of the slots, select the FX Send Mixbus (13-16), engage SoF and bring up the faders for the required channels.

The four main FX slots each have a stereo pair of Returns (Fx1 L, Fx1 R, Fx2 L, etc). To add FX Returns to the Main or a monitor mix, select the Main LR or monitor Mixbus, select the layer with the FX Returns and raise the required Fx1 - Fx4 LR faders.

If that still makes your head spin, post your scene so we can show you by example.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@charlesstrick 

You can add FX Returns to monitor Mixbuses using the Sends-on-Faders (SoF) console mode - just as you add channels to them.

If the FXslot is also being used on the Main mix, you will need to accept some compromise. The FX Send will normally be post-fader so it tracks the channel levels in the mix. The monitor bus will normally have pre-fader sends from the channels so it is independent from the Main mix. The mix of pre-fader and post-fader signals in the monitor mix means that it will be affected by the Main mix faders. You can only avoid this by using a separate FX slot for monitor mixes so the FX Send from the channels can be pre-fader.

If you would like help setting this up, save your current scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below). If you tell us which FX you want on what monitor bus, we can do that for you.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Well that made my head spin., I need to be able to put fx on a buss as needed for iem's or on the channel if that makes it an easier route. I have fx slots open.  I just dont understand the route to get there . Thanks.

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@charlesstrick wrote:

@charlesstrick 

The four main FX slots (1-4) are fed from Mixbuses 13-16. To send one or more channels to one of the slots, select the FX Send Mixbus (13-16), engage SoF and bring up the faders for the required channels.

The four main FX slots each have a stereo pair of Returns (Fx1 L, Fx1 R, Fx2 L, etc). To add FX Returns to the Main or a monitor mix, select the Main LR or monitor Mixbus, select the layer with the FX Returns and raise the required Fx1 - Fx4 LR faders.

If that still makes your head spin, post your scene so we can show you by example.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you Rex, I will go give that a try.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

All is well thank you for yor help Rex.