Contributor - Level 2

routing back M32 to M32

We have a new system with the latest firmware. Monitor mix as master, 2 DL stageboxes and the FOH mixer, that recieves all inputs without problems. I must send the talkback of the FOH back to the Monitordesk as well as the USB recorder or a bus with the USB recorder on it. I also must send the L/R Mains to the stagebox and have no idea how to do this. The FOH Mixer´s A  output is connected to the B output of the Monitor Mixer. Any help would be appreciated. 

hjohns Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-17

2019-11-17

routing back M32 to M32

We have a new system with the latest firmware. Monitor mix as master, 2 DL stageboxes and the FOH mixer, that recieves all inputs without problems. I must send the talkback of the FOH back to the Monitordesk as well as the USB recorder or a bus with the USB recorder on it. I also must send the L/R Mains to the stagebox and have no idea how to do this. The FOH Mixer´s A  output is connected to the B output of the Monitor Mixer. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: routing back M32 to M32

Hi Harris @hjohns,

The reason I ask if you used the Ultranet or Aux Outs is because one of them needs to be used to route the USB player. Here is what I suggest.

On FOH console

Routing, Aux Out screen

* Output 5 -> DirOut Aux 7

* Output 6 -> DirOut Aux 8

Routing, User Out screen

* Output 1 -> Aux Out 5 (last section)

* Output 2 -> Aux Out 6

* Output 3 -> Aux In, Talkback Int or Ext

Routing, AES50 A screen

* First shift what you have assigned to Outputs 1-8 to Outputs 9-16 (for your speakers out to stageboxes)

* Outputs 1-8 -> User Out 1-8

On Monitor console

Routing, Inputs

* Aux In Remap -> AES50 B1-4 (this will put USB player L/R on Aux 1/2 channel strips and talkback on Aux 3 channel strip)

Routing, AES50 A

* Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B9-16 (this will transfer the second bank of 8 from FOH) to the outputs of the stagebox.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Harris @hjohns,

Welcome to the forum. Can you confirm that you have firmware 4.0 installed on both consoles? It makes a huge difference which "latest firmware" you have.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Yes

Volunteer Moderator

@hjohns wrote:

Yes

Great, next question, are you using the Ultranet or Aux Out on the FOH console? This has to do with routing the USB recorder.  Once I have that, I should be able to provide a routing list using the new User In patch points.

:edit: Another question, will you be using the internal or external talkback?

Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for trying to help! We don´t use ultranet. We tried Aux out and gave it up. Normally I use an external microphone on B, but I feel like changing to the internal, as I don´t mind bending to it instead of grabbing an external. 

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Harris @hjohns,

The reason I ask if you used the Ultranet or Aux Outs is because one of them needs to be used to route the USB player. Here is what I suggest.

On FOH console

Routing, Aux Out screen

* Output 5 -> DirOut Aux 7

* Output 6 -> DirOut Aux 8

Routing, User Out screen

* Output 1 -> Aux Out 5 (last section)

* Output 2 -> Aux Out 6

* Output 3 -> Aux In, Talkback Int or Ext

Routing, AES50 A screen

* First shift what you have assigned to Outputs 1-8 to Outputs 9-16 (for your speakers out to stageboxes)

* Outputs 1-8 -> User Out 1-8

On Monitor console

Routing, Inputs

* Aux In Remap -> AES50 B1-4 (this will put USB player L/R on Aux 1/2 channel strips and talkback on Aux 3 channel strip)

Routing, AES50 A

* Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B9-16 (this will transfer the second bank of 8 from FOH) to the outputs of the stagebox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks a lot! Our mistake was, that we did not realize that what we put on a AES A going through the A port is AES B on the other end, if plugged into the B. Now our routing works again. We use the Aux and get the signals across. We will try out your suggestion later today, as it is slightly different.