Contributor - Level 2

x32 core + s32 stagebox

hi

so i have an S32 stagebox being powered by an x32 core. i am having an issue where channels 17-32 output no 48v phantom power. even tho the lights indicating 48v are illuminated. has anyone else had an issue like this?

my firmware for both units is up to date.

i have tried various different sceens too that previously worked but with no joy.... i'm currently tearing chunks of hair out over this!!!

Captaincoles Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-04

2019-09-04

x32 core + s32 stagebox

hi

so i have an S32 stagebox being powered by an x32 core. i am having an issue where channels 17-32 output no 48v phantom power. even tho the lights indicating 48v are illuminated. has anyone else had an issue like this?

my firmware for both units is up to date.

i have tried various different sceens too that previously worked but with no joy.... i'm currently tearing chunks of hair out over this!!!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: x32 core + s32 stagebox

It's odd that the +48v leds would be on if there wasn't +48v being sent out of the S32.  Can you plug something into those sockets that gives a visual indicator (eg a DI with an LED) that shows it's actually receiving +48v?

Assuming that works, it's more likely a routing issue, ie ch17-32 on the console are receiving their signals from somewhere other than preamps 17-32 on the S32.  (Assuming you are using the AES50-A sockets on both the S32 and the console,) confirm that routing>input Inputs17-32 are set to AES50A 17-32, then select ch17, go over to the Config tab, and check that "Source" is set to "A17."

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: x32 core + s32 stagebox

yes all of the routing is correct and i am using a di box to indicate if 48 is actually coming out of the stagebox. 1-16 fine 17-32 no joy. i'm stumped