Musician

Highlighted

Compression

Contributor - Level 2
It seems to me that I need to compress my voice coming into my VL3E as it sometimes comes in hot (thus the VL3E responds the same way) , and sometimes not enough to trigger it from the 1st sung note. I have a Eventide Mixing Link I can add a compressor into it's fx loop, or in line after the mic if that works better for this application. I have a couple questions -
1) Does anyone have experience doing this effectively?
2) Is there a particular stomp compressor that will do this? (I don't have space in my rack to add another unit)...
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Compression

Contributor - Level 2
Is the internal compressor for vocals applied right after in mic in, or is it post/patch? I'm trying to even out the input. Thanks

Contributor - Level 2
Hi John

Does the following Diagram help?
Editors for :- VoiceLive 3/Extreme, VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Touch2, VoiceLive Play GTX, Perform VK. https://www.voiceliveeditor.com

Contributor - Level 2
That's just what I needed. Thanks much! - Shep

Triber Moderator
Hey John,
Just in case you haven't found it yet, you can increase the amount of compression on your voice in the VL3X. In the "Setup" menu, on the "Tone" tab, you can manually adjust the threshold and ratio of the vocal compression. Cheers!
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Conversation Stats
  • Replies
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors